Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do I really need the 800 vs the 600.. I see the biggest difference

Mark ( ohio )

in the two is the ability to nugget hunt with the 800 since it runs the higher khz freq. I have no plans to nugget hunt ever. A few more bells and whistles but realistically the 600 hunts just as good as the 800, right??

Mark ( ohio )

600 and 800 SMF the same
You have single select 20 and 40 Khz on the 800 .. 600 does not have it
Just a little more fine settings on the 800
They both can find targets equally

in the two is the ability to nugget hunt with the 800 since it runs the higher khz freq. I have no plans to nugget hunt ever. A few more bells and whistles but realistically the 600 hunts just as good as the 800, right??

Mark ( ohio )
Right on. They are identical in performance and multi-frequencies. Since you clarify you will never do nugget hunting, the 600 will serve you perfectly.

Right on. They are identical in performance and multi-frequencies. Since you clarify you will never do nugget hunting, the 600 will serve you perfectly.
Thanks for the reply.. With the difference in price maybe I could get a set of water proof headphones So I could totally submerge the unit.
Cheers Mark ( ohio )

Thanks for the reply.. With the difference in price maybe I could get a set of water proof headphones So I could totally submerge the unit.
Cheers Mark ( ohio )
Is your plan to purchase new or used ? I ask as I have seen some super deals on lightly used 600’s with warranty.

Last edited:
Yes, a dealer on this forum has a "as new 600 " listed.
Good luck with your new machine! I love mine and has found me boatloads of old coins.