Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do i have to ask...:confused::bouncy::puke:

lilmax25

To md a school that is not in session until august?
And public parks do i have to md there?

Public parks unless they are posted are fair game.. Schools however are a little different... Try and get permission from the principal. If school in your area is out for the summer and no one is around, I would. but i would also speak to the principal before school resumed so that i could detect there year round

If you notice. In public schools (unless its a fenced in campus) people will use the fields and equipment during after school hours in the evening, and on the weekends with clearly no permission at all. Around my area there is always a soccer game going on when school is not in session. In any case if approached by school officials that have a problem with what you are doing be nice and kindly do as they request. Last weekend I was approached by the school officials as I was detecting, they said " HI sir. Could you please leave the gate open for us. We will be moving benches today. Thanks and have a good time." Then the sheriff showed up. He was bringing coffee to his gal who was with her kid in the tot lot. He smiled and waved. Use your common sense, dress nice and be polite. It will get you a long long way.

i hunt all public schools and parks...schools of course when they are not in session. parks of course until the posted park closed sign says. usually the signs are park closed after dark. although i heard in the nieghboring town you have to have a permit to MD anywhere in the town. but it is only about 4 bux for the year....so its not a problem to get...check it out and see what applies in your neck of the woods. and good luck when you go MDing.

Here in Albany, OR and in the city of Corvallis, OR you must have a permit on file with the parks and rec. dept. In Corvallis I have actually had a search halted so that I could provide my permit. Now a permit only lets you hunt the parks. The river hunting requires a drive to Salem for yet another permit. Then each school requires permission. It was all a pain, but I can hunt them all. Why go through the effort? Well it's not the fine that botheres me. It's the fine print. Hunting in the above mentioned places without a permit is a criminal act [on par with vandalism]. Anyway the way the law is written it says that they can seize the stuff used in the commission of the crime and process it as evidence. Yep, it read to me like my metal detector could be sitting in an evidence room if I angered the authorities enough [could happen]. So I carry my permits. Better safe than sad.
Doug in OR

(w.t.f!)..why!..what happened?..must have a lot of a******s!..out there!..gotta watch 'em when they dig for anything!..apparently they don't know how to do it!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I talked to the local school board and they gave me permission to hunt any school in the county as long as no school activity was going on.

Mike