Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do any of you folks believe that there is such a thing as a ghost? ................

Kelley (Texas)

Debbie told me that while talking with a neighbor today, the neighbor told Debbie that she thought that she had seen a ghost of her late husband the other night. The neighbor said that she always takes her wedding rings off every night and places them next to her on her night stand. During the night she said she had a dream that she was awakened by someone shaking her shoulder. In the dream, she opened her eyes and saw her late husband standing beside the bed and he had the wedding rings in his hand. He reached down and placed them on her finger, smiled and disappeared. When she awakened the next morning, she noticed that she had her wedding rings on her finger, but the biggest shock was when she saw a wedding picture on the pillow next to her. That wedding picture had been stored in a sealed box in her closet. Debbie said that the neighbor truly believed that she saw her late husband's ghost that night a few days ago.

This story is the reason that I asked if any of you folks have ever seen a ghost. How do you explain the picture on the pillow? Surely some of you folks have heard about someone seeing a ghost or maybe you yourself have seen one. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

believe there are ghosts. Alot of tales have been written regarding them. Maybe because Salem " the Witch City " is located next to Beverly, here in Massachusetts. I never seen one,but there have been occasions,where the hair on my neck felt weird,or you get the feeling you are not alone,in places,and need to remove yourself from the area. Could be a room in a house, or a certain area your in while in the woods. Guess its an eery feeling.

How could the rings and the picture on the pillow not convince us of a loved ones presence ? I had a "dream " experience shortly after my mother had passed away in 91'. She had visited me in a dream and I clearly remember her white gown, almost glowing. She looked healthier than I had ever seen her as well. I was startled by her presence and had said to her...."you couldn't be here with me right now......this can't be real because you've passed away". She smiled at me and replied......"It's me and I am here.....if you don't believe me, go ahead and touch me". I reached out my hand to touch her and the instant I made contact, I awoke startled. I laid in the bed a while, thinking to myself.....that was a weird dream and it took me a few minutes for the palpitations to settle down. Shortly after, I was comfortable enough to fall back asleep. And when I did, guess who was waiting for me....in the exact same surroundings ?..........same white gown, same loving smile. I recall saying to her......."it is you.....you are here". She replied......"Yes, it is me and I am here". We embraced and I remember staying in that embrace for quite some time. It was one of the more memorable events that had ever happened to me and there's no doubt in my mind that she had paid me a visit. It was truly remarkable ......and beautiful ! And so yes, I absolutely believe that they are around us and sometimes make their presence known to us. :)

associated with some of the light houses up there in the New England area. There is a report of a ghost that is susposed to haunt the Alamo and some of the old hotels down here in San Antonio. Like you, I have been in areas back in the brush where the hair stood up on the back of my head or a chill went through me...sorry, but I usually got out of the area as fast as I could and I avoided those areas from that time forward. If there is such a thing as a ghost, I do not want to see it and would rather someone else see it and write about it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and very similar to what the neighbor told Debbie about her ghost encounter. At the moment, I have mixed emotions about whether there is such a thing as an actual ghost, but I really do not care to actually see one myself...the problem being that if I actually see a ghost, what are the chances of it being a bad ghost that is going to do something to me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

I wrote it up a while back about our experience with ghosts. There are too many examples for me not to believe

Calm seas

Mikie

but what the heck, I don't have to do I? :D I sure don't think you are wrong if you do believe in them. It is just that I have never seen one for sure and it doesn't make sense to me. There is sure a lot I don't know though. I don't believe in much I can not see, that is the tough thing I had about being an electrician. I can not see that stuff but I know for sure it is there. By the effects. I have met three legs of 440 and am a believer :D

It is like Nessie and Sasquach. Fun to talk about but I am not gonna be going on a hunt for either.

I could be wrong though:shrug:

I have had some unexplainable experiences - some pleasant and some unpleasant - with things that I can only explain as something supernatural. 10 years ago my father-in-law went into the hospital for what we thought was a fairly routine surgery.He was expected to be in surgery and recovery for a couple of hours.The family waited in the cafeteria.After eating I stepped outside in the smoking area (I still smoked then) I was alone there.As I sat there smoking I suddenly heard his voice talking to me as plain as day.I turned around expecting to see him there. He said something to the effect of "Goodbye Chub (his knickname for me) tell them all I'm fine and give them my love and I will see them later" I saw nothing. I hurried inside and found my wife and her brothers and told them to expect the worse.They looked at me like I was crazy and at that moment we were paged to come to the surgery waiting room.One look at the grim faced surgeon was all I needed to know that he had passed away.He had died of a massive unexpected heart attack in the middle of the surgical procedure.I have no doubt of what I heard that day or who's voice it was.Why I heard it and not one of his children I can't explain. I believe there are lots of unexplainable supernatural forces-both good and evil-in our world

n/t

On the flip side of it.......... I wonder if because of her dream, she may have sleep walked?

Back about 18 years ago, I was coming home from a night shift at a Nuke power house. This was around 3:00 AM. As I got to the Windham Green, about 3 miles from my home I had stopped at a stop sign. Just across the street is a old building, built in the 1800's of stone that is now called the Windham Inn and is turned into apartments. I never really paid any attention to the building other than I had wanted to detect the yard around it because it was so old. Anyhow, while stopped at the stop sign, I glanced up towards the top of the building where there were 3 dorm like windows in the attic. What then caught my attention was a bright white brilliance coming from the middle window. As I starred at it, it was a woman dressed in white motioning her arms for me to come towards her. While that might have worked in my youth, it sure was not going to work at 3:00AM. I kept looking and then she moved away. My first reaction, was , man I need some sleep bad. I drove on home and made no mention of it to Jane. As I came home other nights I would always look in that window, and I still do. I just kind of stored it in my memory bank and never spoke of it. Back a few years ago, Windham had a celebration of their Millennium 2000. They produced a local news paper with tons of pictures and stories telling of the celebration of Windham Village turning 300 years old. I'm looking at the paper as I type this. Lot of good info in this kind of stuff for detecting sites that now look like woods and little trace of what once was. Back to the ghost part. In it is a story
about the Old Windham Inn here in CT. There is another one in NH or VT. A woman who was considered a witch at the the time was killed and is claimed to haunt the Old Windham Inn. Chills went up my spine as I thought, Dam, so thats what I saw that night, and also why I look when ever I pass there. I then told the story to my wife that I had seen it. She didn't have me committed so I guess she believes me. I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, but I don't rule them out either. There is much I don't know about or understand and this may very well be another piece of these puzzles in life. I know I'm in no rush to be one, but adds interest to what may be beyond this life on planet earth.

Your story is far more convincing of an afterlife in some form and raises many more questions. Unfortunately, I've always had to many questions in life and not a lot of answers. Then again, even at my age, its good reason to pay even more attention to others and learn. Good post.
George-CT

Our Last Trip to tour gettysburg We had a couple of Things happen that were prety strange .I've been there 5 times before and can say some areas of the battlefields Are haunted .You Have to experence it to belive it but it does happen there.Rob can tell you what he experenced i was near by. I could tell you a few stories that i experenced but i don't think too many whould belive it . Just to say a lot of the spirts of those who lost there lives there have never really left . and gone to the light of the lord. Jim..

I thought you folks lived in Canada, right? How far is it from your homes to Gettysburg? I would love to hear your stories about Gettysburg, especially the ghost stories. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

HI Fred For some reason I've allways been drawn to gettsburg. Gettsburg is about 700 or 800 hundred miles from my home.I've studied and read just about all the information on the civil war since i was a boy.When we go down to gettysburg i walk the hole battle field . From Seminary ridge to the wheat field to devils den to little round top.It Usually takes three days to really Get a felling of the struggle that took place there For there are so many things that happend in those areas and so much Pain and Loss of lives on both sides that some thing remained Of all those who were lost during those three days of battle.There are hundreads Of docqumented cases of Sounds of cannon fire Of bugle calls Of apparitions of soldiers Seen In the Fields And areas Of The Park.I Have to Go to Work Soon But I Will Tell You Some Of The things I've Seen and Heard And They Were Not Of this World.On Our First Visit there We stayed at the cash town in .My Wife Will Never stay ther again And i have to say That Its One haunted Hotel. This story Is a long one and i'll tell You It when i have More Time.It Was Used By the Confederette army General Saff The Night Before The Battle started.It Was Built in the 1830s And is Really a Place To Stay For A night.Trust me You Wont Be alone From covers being pulled of the bed From Knocking On the Walls From LiGhts going Off And on Too Low Voices Talking in the dark Of the Room . The Park Is a lovely area but can sommetimes be very strange also. I make a point never to be at devils den or any other place in the park after dark..JIM