Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DK

Greg from Mi.

To answer your question:
The rain goes in to the barrel through a 6X6 inch hole in the barrel. I covered the hole with screen to keep bugs out.
The barrels are connected to each other by the bottom bung. The bottom bung on most drums have a 3/4 inch hole which is tread ed. I just drilled it out and bought 4 3/4 inch plastic valves. about $1.50 each. I then put plastic hose "Y's" and connected each drum with small garden hose I shortened and put new ends on. Now when it rains at the water level in the main drum get to the level it then fills all the drums as water will always be at the same level.
There's a mathematical formula on the Internet but I didnt write it down. I do remember for my size roof on my shed ( the half on the back ) which is only 12X6 feet for each inch of rain I get 44 gals of water. Dont forget each drum needs a small hole so it will drain.
my next door buddy who is a farmer says a gal of God made rain is better then 10 gals pumped out of the ground.
Hope this helps.
feel free to ask more questions if you have them
Greg

Thanks Greg, I will try that project and let you know how it works. If I run into any problems, which is probably likely, I will be posting you for info and help.

Just wanted to say that I thought about you and Joan several times last weekend! I was out doing the World's Longest Yard Sale and I know how the two of you like to do the yard sale thing too.

Lisa