Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Display case.......

Greg from Mi.

Hi everyone:
Just got back from a 2 week camping trip to TN. Mountains were beautiful!!
While down there I found a shop that had display cases. They hinge open and have glass tops. Even have a lock. I thought I could use them to take to our detecting club meetings each month. Problem is which insert do I buy? they had so many different configurations. Well for $2.50 each I thought I might as well pick up one of each so I could use the one that works best for that month depending on how large or small my finds are. Too bad they didn't have a combo insert with different size pockets on the same insert.
Just thought I'd share
Greg

Very nice display case and iserts! Congrats and now go find some more treasures to fill it up! :biggrin: :) God Bless! Betty

n/t

Where did you find the cases? Gatlinburg? I wish I'd known you were coming down, I only live an hour from there and would have liked to have met you guys. I may still make it to the frum hunt this year if all works out OK.

We stayed in Pigeon Forge. The display cases came from sevierville at a antique shop. I think it was called yesterdays antiques. it was on hwy 441. large yellow building with no windows. Hope you can make it to the forum hunt!
Greg

Nice cases. I make them out of wood in my shop and buy the inserts at my coin dealer. Very inexpensive to make and they really work well at flea market setups or garage sales and any other place you care to display coins and small collectibles for sale or show. If you will get some 2" X 2" coin holders at a coin dealer or hobby store, they should fit perfectly into the insert openings. I can usually get around 8-10 holders(with the same type coin etc..) into one insert opening. Beats having stuff strung out all over the place.