Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

discrimination mean depth loss?

petew

On a f 75Ltd,if I disc out everything but silver would I lose a lot of depth?I us to hear that about my old at pro,just wondering .thanks

None of processor modes will lose depth with higher disc settings, some gain and are the same from low to high.

DE = Gain at higher disc settings
BP = No change from high to low
JE = No change from high to low
BC = No change from high to low
PF = Gain at higher disc settings
CL = No change from high to low

Just a note that slow sweep speed in the DE mode will cost you a couple of inches. When you run BP or CL sweep speed doesn't seem to make much difference. I haven't tested the JE, BC or the PF processor modes.

Hope this helps,
Ron in WV

WV62:

"Just a note that slow sweep speed in the DE mode will cost you a couple of inches."

so, if I'm sweeping quickly for depth in DE and get a deep, subtle 'tick'. I then go back to investigate but naturally, without thinking, I slow down the sweep trying to see it again, but it's no longer there? Looks like I'd have to do short quick sweeps to try and find it again to investigate. Does this scenario happen with success on these kinds of signals?

The manual touches on the sweep speed and ID of target. Here is what the manual has to say.

SWEEP SPEED
The F75 is noted for its quick response. This gives it unsurpassed ability to locate and identify
good targets surrounded by trash. It also permits the user to sweep the searchcoil quickly in
order to cover more ground with very little risk of losing targets. In general, if you are
searching an area where the desirable targets are more than 8 to 10 inches deep, a faster
sweep speed will detect to a greater depth and yield more accurate target IDs.
CHECKING A TARGET
In order to most accurately verify a detected target with most other metal detectors, users will
narrow their sweep and loiter over the top of the target. The F75 is different. The F75's quick
response and advanced signal sampling system produces the most accurate target IDs with
deliberate (shoulder width) sweeps all the way across the target, even if there are other
targets nearby. If you check targets using sweep techniques learned on some other detectors,
you run the risk of getting less accurate target IDs. You can use the confidence level indicator
to improve your technique.

Now being an old man I kind like running in the boost processor and slow things down a little bit. When I hunt the DE mode I don't seem to have a lot of trouble but you got to keep in mind what the detector will do. Sometimes I don't understand how to locate a good target with a shoulder to shoulder swing and the detector hit on several other targets in the same swing.

You can use the DE mode kind of like 3 processors in one.
1 = slow sweep speed could be used run surface or shallow items.
2 = fast sweep speed will get you more depth
3 = max out for this mode would be fast sweep speed, max disc and use the notch to notch items back in like nickels.

Next time you hit a kind of weak signal using DE mark the spot and switch to BP and see what that processor will do for you. You may like it, I do.

Ron in WV