Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination Depth loss silver vs Vaquero

ds6191

How bad is the depth loss on the Vaquero when discrimination is set pretty high? To get away from those darn pull tabs. I know on my silver I loose a lot of depth. Can the Vaquero be super-tuned and be set to copper penny? Can the Golden be super-tuned? I would hate to upgrade to either if I'm not going to see much of a difference in discriminated depth. Thanks Dan

On my Cibola which is the same board as the Vaquero I only lose 1-1 1/2" from iron to max. If I set the disc to the first line after "Tab" I can still get Indians and leave most aluminum and trash behind.

For some strange reason my Vaquero doesn't lose much depth with high discrimination settings.:shrug:

tabman

I have had my Vaquero for only about 21/2 weeks now, three field hunts, lots of back yard and air testing.

Overall I find it 2" to 4"s deeper (more in super tune) than my Silver uMax's. (I have two.)

The most I seem to lose at max discrimination is 11/2" on coin size items.

I can get an amazing 5" on a .4 gr. gold nugget on top of the ground at min. discrimination, 3" just above iron mark. Only 1' with the Silver at min., no sound at o on foil.

I am still learning the MD, still experimenting with where to set the threshold in relation to the sensitivity to avoid deep iron signals that sound good.

Super tune causes me problems at a fresh water beach I hunt due to a lot of junk iron 9" deep plus. Signal can still sound good even at max. disc.

I have had some luck with setting the threshold down to JUST after the the regular hum is inaudible, but there still remains a SLIGHT undertone.

Sensitivity as high as you can go without chatter.

I found this trick mentioned here at this forum by one of the Tesoro guys.

Turn threshold slightly to much down and you lose depth, to high and the bad iron becomes to audible.

In a non-deep junk iron environment the machine is a gem and super tuning will give you all the depth you'll want.

Good Hunting,

Denny

Just a fact of life run disc. high and you lose depth..Certainly varies from unit to unit or for that matter two of the same unit to a degree....certainly a plus for the dual disc. of the TeJon....and why some non metered units have a coin check on them...

Great question. With my Vaquero, I lose just about 1.5". My Compadre, which I made some adjustments to, only loses a half inch. In addition, I also tested my MXT and it did not lose any depth, interesting. Tests were done using a dime and wood ruler.