Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappearing sounds when hunting.

FarmerJ

I am a new hunter and was hoping people could give me there opinion on a issue I have come upon. When hunting I will get a hit, then on the return sweeps nothing. If I remain in the same place sweeping, on occasion I will get a hit again, then it's gone. Do people usually dig these or is the machine trying to eliminate the target and just misses every now and then? Any thoughts? Sometimes if I switch to pin point I can find the location.

If it is a good signal dig it. Just because the target does'nt repeat itself don't mean walk away.When in doubt dig it out. I read that somewhere. If it even chirps and sounds good dig it. HH :minelab:

Usally if you don't get a good hit from several directions its junk, but if in doubt dig

The way Safari works is it analyzes the signal initially and may simply drop the hit if it's within the pattern of a junk... A good signal will repeat itself from different appraoches. I tend to back away and approach the spot at right angle from my original sweep. Usually this confirms the find or it simply doesn't repeat. You can end up digging a lot of junk if you don't let the detectors circuitry do some of the work. Now that depends on which mode your operating in....

Been using my Safari in all metal mode with ferrous sounds. Using man sens when I can.
Walked thru a burn pile Sunday evening and found my oldest coin yet. 1959 D penny.
You hear everything with no drops. Slower sweep speed and you can start picking out some good sounds in amongst the bad.
Add to that a smaller coil and the Safari is deadly.

Dropped tones just never sounded right for me. Trashy areas can get noisy, but you get use to it.
Use the preset coin and c-j sometimes to cross check a target, but finding I really like the all metal.

Good luck with yours