Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dilemma

Old Sox

I have an Xterra 70 and have found some great stuff with it. Since I bought it tho, I traded my DFX for the SE and am absolutely loving this thing. I hate to have the 70 just sitting around while I always grab the SE but I know that it would be a great machine to use in case, forbid, my SE goes down. I do use it every now and then for a loaner to someone that I trust will take care of it but it is really to expensive for that in my opinion. What do you guys do with expensive back up detectors and would I be better off trading it for a water machine(I really want one) or selling it for a cheaper backup and loaner. Thanks for the help

It's a funny thing, all the guys that I know that are really serious about this hobby, have a nice back-up machine, usually the one they stepped up from. Almost all of them tell me they haven't used it since they got the latest greatest. I'm in the same boat, I just got the EX2, and now my XLT is my back-up. I also have a water machine that rarely gets used. It's nice to have a back-up in a pinch, or to let someone else use to hunt with you, but they seem to get neglected........The upside is they don't really depreciate much.

I'd hang on to it,
Only reason I say this is I sold mine and regretted it after. That's one opinion.
Now the other......I've been thinking about a water machine myself and knowing me I'd trade it off.
So you see, I can't make up my mind either:confused::stars:

But there are places where the Full Band Spectrum is not the best. Your 70 really is a great woods and field hunter, especially in slightly disturbed or uneven ground where rocks or high grass won't allow you to scrub the ground. A big plus is the speed that you can move with it at. I use both the Explorer and 70 at homesites and they always compliment each other with fantastic finds. That 70 is no slouch when it comes to depth either. I just put the new 6 incher on the 70 and WOW! For a review check my post on the X Terra forum.

Maybe pick up an Excaliber? The Excal would do just fine as a back-up land machine. As long as you can deal with no meter. But learning the sounds of the SE might help with that. Even though the SE sounds digitial and the Sov/Excal analog (I miss that actually) I'm finding there are similarities between the Sov and the SE that should help adapting to a Sov-based machine like the Excal. It's helping me go the other direction anyhow.

JUst like a couple of the other posters said I would hang onto the 70. Its a nice machine that gets decent depth and is a good compliment to the Explorer.
If you have to sell it to get the water machine I would get the Excal, tones are a bit different than your Explorer but works fantastic. Its heavy for land hunting no matter how you pole configure it but not bad chest or hip mounted.
HH
Neil

Thanks for your opinions everyone, I think I may keep it. It is a great machine! I may try and pick up a used Tesoro water machine later.

I'd get the water machine.........................but because its an XT-70 well thats another story, I would never part with mine :biggrin:
Cheers!