Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digital read codes

justdigging50

Help!!!! Can't find the old stuff.
Does anyone have a list of digital read codes for finds for Explorer ll they could post.
Thanks Ed

I think you can check MAGICMAN posts. I dont use digital very often.... just too much bouncing around. The smartscreen is easier to look at for a prolonged time and you dont have a tendancy to walk away from iffy signals. You just cant take digital as gospel or you miss some good finds.

Dew

You can study digital readouts, cross-hair TID coordinates, #'s, etc.... till you're blue in the face. It won't help you "find the old stuff". There is no special sections of the screen (or certain #s, etc...) saved *just* for "the old stuff" :) It doesn't work like that. I sure wish it did, and then I'd just edit out all the other #s or portions of the screen, and only dig old stuff, haha

old coins can read all over the scale, depending on what type of coin, what angle in the ground it's sitting at, depth, soil minerals, proximety to iron and/or other targets (that are skewing and/or masking), etc.... The deeper a target is, the less likely you are to get a locked and consistent TID. Experience with the bouncing cursor, and tones, will tell you what it's trying to tell you though.

Your best bet to get old stuff, is not necessarily to study digital read codes, but rather: to go to better hunt sites, where less junk and pesky new stuff is present. Find virgin sites, get into freshly scraped old-town urban demolitions, be the first one to arrive at beach storm erosion, hit the history books and be the first one at old picnic sites, stage stops, virgin cellar holes, or whatever.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,806556

HH

Aaron

Thanks for the info and readout list guys. I do bounce between smart screen and digital. Both help me get an idea what I'm looking at. I just haven't dug enough with my Explorer yet, just bought it a month ago. Still cursing and learning. Loving every minute of it.

H.H. Thanks