Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digital Meter For Sovereigns on beach?

Apollo

Does anyone use the meter while detecting on the beach wet and dry sand? What would be the benifits? I have Sovereign GT no meter. I dig all signals now. Would you dig less pennies and hair pins?

Thanks,
Kevin (apollo)

Apollo said:
Does anyone use the meter while detecting on the beach wet and dry sand? What would be the benifits? I have Sovereign GT no meter. I dig all signals now. Would you dig less pennies and hair pins?

Thanks,
Kevin (apollo)

Kevin,

You might throw a copy of this over in the Beach/Water section as well for addtional opinions.

I've only been hunting with a Sovereign for a short time, but I studied the posts about hunting with one on both land and beach before making my purchase. Almost all posts by beachhunters showed a very strong bias for NOT using a meter on the beach. Unnecessary weight.

Rich (Utah)

Hello.

I am a regular user of the GT now. I also have a Quattro.

Once you learn the sounds, the meter is obsolete.

Relying on the meter will make you lazy, wanting for instance not to dig that Xth pulltab....that of course will be the gold diamond ring you're wanting to find.

Another thing, I find the Disc and Notch on the Sovie very efficient.

You should also read about the reverse disc hunting technique on this forum. I use nothing else now on the wet sand.

HH

Thanks for replys. I think i will just stick without meter and learn the sounds.
Thanks again......

I am also, primarily, a Beach Hunter and I hunt in Disc (and Silent Search), no notch and very little disc (nickles are way in, tin foil confetti just out)) and I dig every repeatable signal that will climb after I remove a few inches of sand from the top of the target. if, after I remove a few inches of sand with my foot and the signal doesn't improve or if it starts "barking" at me (like a bottle cap or a piece of charcoal) I usually leave it be. If it rises, even if it sounds like a pulltab, I will dig it. I found a white gold wedding set with 34 diamonds that sounded like a pull tab at first, but the signal started climbing and sounding better as I removed more sand. It was pretty deep and the 2 rings were separate and probably on end too, but still close enough together to affect the sound. I will dig practically any signal that rises, unless it is a soda can. You can tell them because they are still loud when you raise your coil up off the ground. When you haul off the junk, you are improving your next hunt on that same section of beach, at least that is how I feel about keeping all the trash until I come to a trash can. Keep hunting with your Sov and you will learn what it is telling you by just the sounds, you don't need a meter at the beach.