Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging tools

A

Anonymous

Anyone use the Ground Shark? Appears for deep digging in a Lawn that this would have a smaller foot print. Anyone have any other ideas. Have two Civil War era residence to hunt in spring and don't want to tear up any lawns if I can help it.

I'm not familiar with the Ground Shark but it seems to me that a good 14 or 15" digger should be fine.
One of the most important things -next to using a drop cloth- is to use a flap plug. Leaving the plug attached to the turf allows the grass to recover more quickly and gives the plug it's best chance for survival.
Giant plugs(large diameter and deep) are actually the best for plug survival but you say it's a residential site so I'm assuming you don't want test the owners reaction to a giant plug.
If the soil is saturated with moisture then using a drop cloth and getting all the dirt back in the hole is more important than the flap because in this case your trying to cut a deep clean plug that when replaced becomes impossible to find again, this can be easily done in moist soil.
GL/HH

My opinion is the Ground shark looks big to be carrying around in a park or where the lawn looks nice as I think it would give the wrong impression. I just sold the new Ground Shark I had as I do good with just the Lesche digging knife and it dont look so bad to carry in the sheath.
Rick

Thanks, Food for thought. We have to dig such deep holes at times, I want to be expedient; but I don't want to damage lawns or look like I am from a construction crew about to replace a water main in their front yard!