Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging through ROCKY FILL???:veryangry:

lainylainy

Anybody have any tips on how to dig through rocky fill? Or maybe I should just not bother.

I hunted the other day (with all four kids, hehe) at the site in my city where they have the American Folk Festival every year - THOUSANDS of people. It's also near railroad tracks and a river that had lots of very old buildings that have since been torn down.

Anyway, there is about 2" of topsoil and under that is just rocks and rocks. I had such a b*$(#h of a time trying to dig. Still found some clad and metal pieces.

Any tips?

Thanks...in advance!

I hate rocks. The rocky fill probably covered the good stuff. You could play at it a little bit, but nothing good came out of the ground I wouldn't MD there.
It sounds like you need some good leads. Go talk to some old person. Any old local. Old people enjoy the company and are glad to talk about the old days. You can get some good leads or even permission to MD somewhere. Where was the circus, tent revivals, swimming holes, etc.

Jackhammer?:rofl: Sounds the same as MDing a pea gravel parking lot..........what a pain....