Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging midtones

petew

Took my se out last night,coin mode and 20 sense,wanted to look for rings.well,no rings but I got some old style pulltabs,and a 44 wheat penny.but I just was so curious about if I could pull rings I focused on only midtones,I like the factory coin screen.

Some midtones will reveal some good targets. Test a ring under your coil and pay attention to the numbers and or screen area.
With some practice and patience you will find rings

I have found on both my Explorer and IDX Pro that rings are more often found by SOUND. It's VERY hard to explain in writing,but they have a "tight" beep to them,like the beep is condensed,if that makes ANY sense. Also,for me,the smaller the coil the more obvious it is. Yes,rings can be found about anywhere,but again,site selection is key. If you only have limited sites then more targets get dug. And as always,targets close to,or on the surface,will act weird. Finding something right up close with an Explorer can be a challenge if you make it so,and I do a lot of the time...