Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggin in Wyoning

Iron Bull

I certainly hope that this is accepted behavior. Being VERY new to this wonderful site, I may be stepping over the line. I have this same post on the Metal detecting form. However being an old Relic using Old Relics to recover even OLDER Relics. I think I fit better here.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY FINDS AS MUCH AS I DO.....................Thanks for looking

As I indicated before, I am NEW to this site and the protocol, so please bare with me. As I waller around trying to get my hind feet under me. Thought I would share some good times and finds that have afforded themselves to me.

This was one day event, where they had just torn up the old town board sidewalk and ready to pour a new concrete side walk. I had to talk like a Lawyer, to get the contractor to give me 5 hrs prior to the pour...By the end of the day, I had detected for 6hrs, and had a crew of diggers for about 4 hrs. The crew were so turned on by the finds they wanted in on the fun:clapping:

[attachment 146878 Dector_find_A_e.JPG]
[attachment 146879 Dector_find_B_e.JPG]
[attachment 146880 Dector_find_C_e.JPG]

The Silver dollar is a 1928 (fair).......Total we took 5 Silver Dollars.......4 went to various dignitaries of the town.....Mayor ; Chief of Police: City Judge as well as the contractor...Wanted to keep the bread buttered..........
mechbull-2.gif

This un-questionably, for ME, is my all time hands down "BEST FIND"...........Not in terms of cash value by any means.
However for me the Historical Value and the unquestionable authenticity and use of, makes this Priceless, of all my treasures.

I found this in the Oregon Trail wagon rut, it was about 3"-4" under the sand. Hammer marks still visible. I believe that I am the first person in well over 100 years to ever hold this or bring it to light.....Now that's exciting!!!!.............. Would you know what it is????

[attachment 146881 OX_shoe_A_e.JPG]...........[attachment 146882 OX_shoe_B_e.JPG]

Fantastic bunch of coins, that must of been big fun. Scroll down to see this pic of ox shoes on a hoof at this site http://www.nebraskahistory.org/sites/rock/artifacts.htm

Thank you fellas bunches for the posts.....The Ox shoe was on my MUST HAVE list for many winters, kinda like the Holy Grail for me. Now I have no idea why, it rated so high on the scale, but I have beaten a few miles of that trail in search of an OX shoe......Now my searches are after a $20.00 or $50.00 gold piece. Have a shadow box already built for it too.........
yesssmileyf.gif

One of the blessings of living in the West ? Midwest? where ever Wyoming is over other wetter climates, is the slower deterioration of the metals. I have spent a good bit of time in the Pacific Northwest, and some of that what I call the Halo effect around targets can really mess with ones brain housing.
Silver dollars around this are not a really uncommon target, not that you'll find them every trip by any stretch. They were used extensively around this area. Jackson Hole for many years was a gambling mecca and that's how winners got paid, in silver, Rodeo and fair grounds are silver magnets. When I was born my Dad paid the Dr. and the Hospital off in silver dollars, that he won at the Cowboy Bar in Jackson. My grandmother told the story that the Dr. had 10 of them framed in his office....He had never been paid in Silver before.............vance

I for one never get tired of looking at finds like this..... nice assortment.
Keep the post up with finds like that.
At least if the weather is not suitable for detecting, we can look at someone elses nice finds.
Felix