Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

digger coil

petew

Took out the digger coil,got some clad but I didn't go anywhere special like I wanted.rained all day.but what impressed me was I tested a gold ring and nothing,not even a beep.put a silver half down and bang,over the ring and nothing again.wow,this truly is a coin coil...all in program one,sensitivity at 20

I would guess that the reason you didn't hit the ring was due to the discrimination in your Pattern, not the coil. I've not found any metal object that couldn't be detected with any frequency of X-TERRA coil. Try it again without discrimination and see what happens. If it beeps, make note of the TID number and set that bin to accept, if you want to find rings like that one. JMHO HH Randy

That is strange to me that the gold ring did not give a peep. I have tested gold and it came in OK. How was your ground balance?

I've found gold twice with my Digger coil, so I know that it should find it, but I also normally hunt in AM rather than Disc mode. I'm with Randy, and believe that it had more to do with the pattern chosen than the coil.

I'll had to try that today,that ring came in at I think 12 with the 10.5 mf coil.and here I thought I had possibly the greatest coil ever made...just kidding guys,it is a great coil

I must say that anyone thinking about a digger coil should not hesitate,it's deep and it ids very well.

This past spring I pulled this up with that coil. In the ground it was a 32 and if I remember correctly it rang up as a 44 in my hand. When I flipped over the plug I was actually expecting a penny and was shocked to see it. The ground was really wet and mushy at the time so I'm not sure if that was causing the difference in TID or maybe there was just some other stuff in the same area that threw off the reading.

On two different occasions I've had a V nickel ring up as a 38 in the ground and a 12-14 in my hand.

That's cool,I must of had gold cancelled when I tried my ring.but I was playing with it in my test garden.I have 2 clad quarters at a measured 5 and 7 inches of dirt.the digger picked email both up with no problem,like not really trying.and I swung fast over them to see, still a high note.it's a great little coil

I got a Digger coil and have not used it much. Just testing with targets on the ground and the coil ground balanced, I cannot pick up a 10K thin gold ring. I have a pattern with all notches open. I also tried a buff nickel and it acts the same. When I go to the prospect mode I have to run below 12 sens and I still get an ocillaton in the threshold. In pattern mode I can run the sens up to about 20 before I get a lot of noise. My threshold is down to 4. I usually run in the disc. mode with all notches open. When I use my HF 6" coil, I do not miss anything. The Digger coil sure likes silver, penneys, clad dimes, quarters, and halves. It also likes pull tabs. Maybe the coil is just too sensitive.

The second gold that I dug using the Digger coil was a tiny 10k ring. It wasn't very deep, but it hit with enough consistency to warrant digging.