Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Differences between old/new Excals

strobeone

Is there that much difference between the older excal (red headphones) and the newer (blue/yellow headphones) and the Excal II????? Are the oldest (red headphone) a good investment?? Need some advice quick!!

iv owned 4 Excal's and just got the Excal ll 1000 about 4 months ago.they claim its the best but i see no diff. but the coil is thinner and lighter.

and I can tell you that the tone differentiation on the units with the blue headphone is a whole lot better. On the yellow headphone everything sounds just about the same. When you find gold with the blue ones you knoe you found gold.

Can you use the new battery from excalibur 2 in the excalibur 1 ? If so how long to charge with excalibur 1 charger ?

I've had my excal 2 800 for about a month an i'm learning the tone differnce an gold growls at you either low growl or a high pitch silver is astrong solid hit complete different than clad.
I can tell a quarter with aloud tone deep sound like dimes or a mid pitch then pull tabs are mid between rings an clad

yes you can use the battery on eather or..i have 2 of the new NIMH with my Excal ll .iv never ran them all the way down i just change them about every 12 hours use and put them on charger over night.they are much better than the older NICAD's as they dont retain a memory.