Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did the Guardian Bell save this man's life? ...............

Kelley (Texas)

I read this story a few minutes ago on a motorcycle forum. It appears that this biker escaped death or serious injury...possibly because of the Guardian Bell attached to his motorcycle.

This is what he posted about the deadly encounter while riding his motorcycle. "Just 2 miles from my job Im heading westbound going 50mph when a tire comes off an SUV in the eastbound lane. The SUV nails the brakes, the car behind him slams him in the rear, the tire comes into the westbound lane and bounces off the hood of the car in front of me up the windshield and into the air about 15' up and over my head, as I refocus on the road ahead of me the car in front of me is now smashed into the first car who hit the SUV. IM so close now that I lock up the brakes, let off the front brake and now Im sideways like Im on a dirtbike, I just thread the needle through 3 smashed cars, glass, antifreeze and steam, I hear a bang and it was the guy behind me smashing into the car that was in front of me because the tire came down and went through his windshield. I made it through without a scratch, I have to put the bike on the jack tomorrow because I need to check my tires from all the glass I rode through. I have been riding for 30 years and have had a few scary incidents but this morning was the worst ever. I am so glad my wife was not on the bike, Im not sure I would have been able to squeese through like I did. I didnt tell her what happened this morning."

"God was definitly guiding me through that one,, it all happened in is seconds. I actually had a nithgmare last night because I cant get the picture out of my head of the tire going up and over, I stared at it like I was daydreaming and forgot I was riding a motorcycle, I remember thinking to myself that I was going to get killed. I did stop I was shaking like a leaf and there was people everywhere talking and yelling and telling me they were sitting outside and saw the whole thing, and that they saw me slide sideways and how they couldn't believe how I made it through." One guy said " Man you are some rider"

Later, this biker was approached by a motorcycle police officer who asked " Is this Yours?" It was the biker's Guardian Bell that had been attached to his motorcycle.

After I read this story, I went out and checked my bike to make sure that the Guardian Bell was still attached...it was. I then cleaned and polished it...relecting back to the day that an old man riding an old motorcycle gave it to me. A Guardian Bell will only protect you if it is given to you as a gift...if you buy a Guardian Bell and put it on your bike, you will not be protected, it has to be given to you! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

guardian bell. Since you sent me mine, I have looked at several bikes while getting gas,and they always tell me who gave them theirs. I also think God has other things in mind for this man to do before his lifetime is over.

I can imagine what it would be like on a bike, on a freeway. I don't even like to drive my Solstice on the freeway with the top down for that very reason. It's really low to the ground, and you never know what might come flying at you.

The guy in the story was very lucky not to have been hurt. You be safe now! :)

the other day while riding my bicycle,I stumbled across what appears to have been the last remains of a garage sale.There were items of all descriptions flung around the yard.I noticed no humans in visible view,but a little sign that read "free".I noticed a small bell,almost the right size to put on a pussy cat.It is a nice brass bell,that even rings,with a attachment chain,Fred would this qualify for a guardian angel bell should I buy a Harley or do you think I should not take a chance,but in a indirect way the bell was given to me???would need help on this dilema,I thank you in advance for guidance on this perplexing conondrum.... your truly Willy P's friend and metal detecting side kick.

that would be in the grey area as to whether or not you would be protected. As extra insurance after WillyP gave it back to you as a gift, you might take it to the local Catholic Church and see if the preacher would bless it and maybe sprinkle some of that water on it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I had to put it on the keyring though. I leave my scooter at the river while I am kayaking and am afraid that some clown will steal it. I blew a rear tire this spring and that can be bad. I was lucky I didn't have Mary on the back and also I had just come off a dirt road and was only going about 15-20 mph. It could have been a lot worse. The tire blew right in front of a house with a guy mowing his lawn. He offered to take me to my truck so I could come get the scooter.

The bell worked just fine :thumbup:

n/t

The worst thing to come flying my way was an empty beer can thrown out the window of a pickup truck up near San Marco, Texas on IH 35 North. I will always remember what that pickup truck looked like and hope that I run across it one of these days...old beat up Ford F150, brushed on red color paint, mud flaps, dice hanging from the inside mirror, tinted back window with an Oklahoma University decal on it, and a bra tied to the antenna. I suspect that truck could be found in Norman, Oklahoma. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

doing a heck of a job keeping me safe. I've had a lot of people ask me about it when out and about. Hey, whats that for. Then they get the how it came to be and where it came from. All find it interesting. I check for it at the start and end of each ride. Nice to have something along keeping and eye out for me. Some of the pot holes left over for winter here I may need one as big as the Liberty Bell.
to get out those gremlins. The best part is who sent it and the thought behind it. Many thanks my friend.

George

I have attached my Guardian Bell to the lower frame just forward of the left floor board...it is partially hidden from view.

What caused your tire to blow out, was it cut or something? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

As I told Royal, I mounted mine on the lower frame just forward of the left floor board. I have been told that it should be mounted as low as possible to the pavement. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

so that the Guardian Angel will think that your truck is a motorcycle. I say this because I do not know what protection it will offer a truck...best to play it safe with a decal. If you do not have one, let me know and I will mail you one. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

can scare you too cause it happens so fast. Hey, maybe I will take my guardian bell to surgery with me and let them hang it........................uh, well never mind! :biggrin:

big toes... or you could make some type of ankle bracelet with the Guardian Bell attached to it. It is great seeing you posting again. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)