Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did I or did I not read on here That you can VDI a coin by using the PhaseVDI read out by going to ground track

Tinfoil

Holding coil in air, push menue button and go into Zero, lower coil to the ground and over the coin that you just have finished pinpointing and the VDI number will read the Coin just like DC Phase on the DFX. If so my nickle I have in my Garden will not read out around the 18/19 VDI in Dis. Or have I just lost my mind here. My VDI# reads the nickle with a VDI of 73/79. My silver will read 85/83 on a Qt. The Ground VDI # goes from -73 to -91. Can anyone help me out here. I got to send it to Sweet Home for the Up Date along with this falsing D2 coil. You can't even bump it no matter where you run it at. all my other coils work great, no falsing. OK Thanks in advance. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Were you thinking about this post by "Beep" ? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1211022

If you zero the coil in the air, you're not removing ground from the target signal. If you're after the target VDI, try putting the coil on the ground and then press zero - that removes both electronics and ground offsets. Then put the coil over the target which should give you the VDI that's left for the target without ground affecting the VDI.

Oh it is [size=large]so good[/size] to have you back Anne. Rob

You guys are all sporting some nice avatars these days! (My Hadrian Sestertius is looking pretty long in the tooth!) Scott

I am learning a lot on here today! I did not know that... I knew I was getting some info from the ground probe and phase number but I didn't know what the info was telling me or how to use it. I'm going to be trying this.

Everytime I get frustrated with the V3 someone says something like this,I learn something new, and the V3 becomes exciting again. I need to upgrade to the V3i !!!

J

Tinfoil said:
Holding coil in air, push menue button and go into Zero, lower coil to the ground and over the coin that you just have finished pinpointing and the VDI number will read the Coin just like DC Phase on the DFX. If so my nickle I have in my Garden will not read out around the 18/19 VDI in Dis. Or have I just lost my mind here. My VDI# reads the nickle with a VDI of 73/79. My silver will read 85/83 on a Qt. The Ground VDI # goes from -73 to -91. Can anyone help me out here. I got to send it to Sweet Home for the Up Date along with this falsing D2 coil. You can't even bump it no matter where you run it at. all my other coils work great, no falsing. OK Thanks in advance. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil you sure are getting deep with that machine. I kind of like to have one just for the complex setups available.
mark