Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did a little exploring today on the way home from the Motocross track.

George-CT

While hunting for a geocache last year, I saw this old truck over in a really overgrown vine patch. Right now I can get in there, summer you would never know this truck was there. I figured I'd grab a few pictures of it for those that like to restore stuff. This would be a major project and then some, but I still enjoyed seeing it. Someone, drove it off the lot new way back when. The parts missing were all stacked up on a stone wall. Vintage metal for sure. Further back from this is and old root cellar and 2 cellar holes that need exploring one of these day. Even now, I was picking off deer ticks off my overalls. Got home and hit the shower. Lyme disease from ticks can do a number on you. They are plenty full in this area. The last shot is of a pet rooster of mine called Feathers because of the feathers on his feet. He follows me around like a dog when I'm out doors. He knows I usually have a handfull of cracked corn for him. It made it to 50 today so just needed to get out doors. Been working on the race track for 2 weeks and today was our race. Once they had them all signed up and racing, I had done my job, so I headed out... Nothing special, just a casual stroll in some of the old New England farm land or whats left of it. They have been buying it up like crazy for housing. the farmers can't afford to keep it with the prices they are paying for and acre. Right now it seems to have stopped, but once we are back in balance, it will start again.

Well, off to catch up on the post here. the track is ready for the year. Trying to teach the young men in the club what to do, but getting them to do it is another thing. From what I see quite often, the mother of all idiots is pregant way to much...

George-CT

Sure is a handsome bird.. The truck.. Well, everyone knows my love of fixing up old vehicles... But that looks to be a little too much for me . :):

fair winds

mikie

for the reason in the summer. Winter I'm more dressed and wear overalls. Helps to keep them off the skin and I spray the open hands and ankles. Works pretty good. geocaching you have to deal with them also... I was down to a trout pond yesterday by our dirt bike track and in the tall grass I never saw so many wood ticks. Living in the woods I'm used to them but they are not a big problem here unless your skinning out a deer, then you deal with a lot of them. Salt water was still in the upper 30s a few weeks ago. Need some serious sun and a roll over out there.......... Got that bike out yet? Seeing low 70's mid week..... Geo

would look great all restored, but it would take alot of time and money for sure! Feathers is a pretty rooster. I have one that looks like the Kellogg cornflakes rooster, then a checkerboard one, and then another that is solid white. I have to keep mine in a pen, if not they end up being chicken dinner for all the varmits around here. :(

That old truck is sorta neat looking...wonder what the story is about it. Glad to hear the track is ready for the year...hope the new folks do their part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

love to see those old time trucks! Used a few of them too much to want to drive one anymore tho:biggrin:
Now that Rooster has me thinking fly tying, does he donate feathers?;)

mustangs. Our oldest son saved his money while in Kosovo and invested it. When he returned home he bought a brand new black mustang. Of course Scott having his Shelby mustang didn't make him want one any less. They are awesome cars for sure! :)

Friday for heavy equipment, and all sorts of trucks. They had one I tried to buy and I thought of your dodge story in the snow storm.
This was and old dodge truck that the firehouse used for rescue. It was in the 40's....Perfect condition, with the big tall tires on it, military cans on both sides, all done up like they do fire engines with the red. What a jewel. I marked in on my list of stuff, but missed it in the auction house by 2 minutes while I was looking over a big diesel wood chipper. Being it my greed mode of buy them all I lost them all....

Missed the truck by two auction calls or 3 minutes.... I just wanted it for the farm here. If I could I'd drag that old truck here and place it up in the woods. I like that stuff around the farm...... Adds character...

Geo

the fire ants down here do a number on ticks but a guy from southeastern oklahoma i use to work with contracted lyme disease.he would fish and hunt when he went back home and got it there.i've had one tick attach itself to me in my whole life, it was many years ago but friends have gotten them.

i know people who never get mosquito bit but they wear my butt out sometimes.guess we are all different and some insects are attracted to some others not.i had a sister-in-law that could wander through poison oak and never be bothered,not me:).enjoyed the pictures.

did not scratch your nose at the wrong time, or you bought something. My son Andy and I have to be careful at those....We have come home with some weird stuff. Often we get these items in the fall sale, and take them to Men's Day at the club. Our demolition derby excepts anything with wheels on it to wreck.... Its a good thing they use 6 big LCD TV screens to show the items and one in between those to show the price as they get bid on as I can no longer understand the fast talking auctioneer. I had gone looking for a deal on a big roller with the vibrator setup for my driveway. But as luck would have it, all were really big rigs for highways. To much machine and they were all the articulating type. I'm just after a small unit I can ride on and keep my processed gravel compressed nice and tight to keep the quick rain storms with mega amounts of rain from washing it out. That last 2 years have been the worst. Its all Al Gores fault....

George-CT