Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

diamond /gold gram scale advice

captRobert

thinking about get a gram scale but need advice on whats the best deal and ease of use. also would like to get your thoughts on a diamond scale. I guess they accurately measure carats and if its a diamond or not? I've only found a few good diamond rings in many years of hunting. I really enjoy the posts about beach finds..have'nt posted here in a long while but heres a couple of my better diamonds. penny's for scale.

There are scales and there are diamond testers but as far as I know, none that do both. I have these and both are top-quality units. Got them on eBay.

Here's the tester...DiamondNite DN-1
[attachment 58879 DiamondNite1.jpg]
[attachment 58880 DiamondNite2.jpg]
[attachment 58881 DiamondNite3.jpg]
[attachment 58882 DiamondNite4.jpg]

Here's the scale...the "My Weigh" MX-300.
[attachment 58883 Bling.jpg]
[attachment 58884 Scale2.jpg]

Hey many thanks Mike, great info and awesome finds you have. Really like the pictures of the scale an diamond tester. Nice to see how they operate. the detachable cover tray is a nice feature.
Hitting the beach tomorrow AM early, hope i can find a ring to pay for them..

Actually, MY WEIGH makes scales that measure in a number of weights including carat. But it is only good at weighing an unmounted stone. To get a weight on a mounted stone requires the use of a micrometer and a formula. A good jeweler is pretty good at this because I had a ring appraised and his weight of the mounted stone was spot on with the weight I got when the stone came out of the setting. I recently bought a MY WEIGH i201 and it weighs in G, OZ, MG, OZT, DWT, CT, GN, and PC. Tolerance is within .01 gram. If you get a diamond tester make sure you get one that can test for Moissanite, like the one Mike shows.
Jerry