Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX finally got some good silver today.

mattw

Got about an hour and a half of precious time with the DFX today. No wheats, IH's or clad. But got good silver. Both rings are marked sterling, I do not think that they are jewelry, the dimensions are wrong. They are about the diameter of a penny and are to wide for that size. What do you think they are? Each one weighs about .20 ounces.

Matt

I'm stumped on the "rings" Matt, they look like they have been coated with something too.......:shrug: Congratulations on the quarter and the "rings"......

Nice finds. I know this isn't the "Whatzit" forum but i'm guessing napkin rings on the silver rings.
HH
Scott

Some folks like the wider bands, for thumb rings, etc. Some makers coat the silver with a laquer to keep em shiny. Very good finds, I typicaly find more gold than silver rings, don't know why because they are way more popular due to $. Strange huh? No rings with the XLT yet but I will.

Matt,

This may seem a bit odd to you, but they seem to be "toe rings". A bit smaller in diameter but wider than a regular ring for the finger. Popular for younger women when wearing sandals. Nice silver quarter !

EJ