Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX ANOMALY?

[size=large]Does anyone else experience the DFX giving off false signals when you bump the coil ever so slightly?

I'm hunting the beach, and every time I bump it on the sand or what-not, it gives me false signals....Grrrrrrrrrr!!![/size]

Usually falseing like that occurs if you have a loose connection either at the coil, (strained cable) or bad connection at the box. Do you have an inline
probe? Double check everything, by disconnecting fittings and reinstalling them. Be sure you have ample slack in the cable at the coil in case it gets pushed back in handling. Try wiggling the cable at the connection to the coil itself. Any odd sounds may mean a bad connection there. Lastly, try a different coil if you have one. If that is the problem, you need to be in warrantee. ......Hope it remedies itself.....Gil

Well....I just loosened the cable around the rod. It was pretty tightly wound because I thouht it had to be that way. Since I'm at the Firehouse today, I'll test it out tomorrow.

Hey thanks a lot! I'l come back and post an update.

T

Hi, Check the connection to the box from the coil. Make sure it's tight. That has always caused my machine to give off false signals. You didn't mention what program you were using. Try Best Data and see if it falses. Some of the single frequency programs (15 Khz or 3 Khz) will cause falsing because the coil can not ground balance to both ferrous (black sand) and salt at the same time. The 3 Khz will balance out black sand, while the 15 Khz will balance out salt. So you need a program that uses both those frequencies like Best Data or Correlate, but not the single channels. Let us know. If that doesn't solve it, then it may be a sweep speed / Ground filters adjustment that you need. Finally if none of those work, then maybe it's defective, but I think it's a "settings" situation.

[size=large]Coinnut....thanks for the info. It wasn't giving false signals while sweeping.....only when I bumped slightly on the sand. I went ahead and tightened the connection and will check the other stuff tomorrow.[/size]

It is more likely that some of the windings are loose in the coil. If the DFX is still under warranty, White's would probably replace it. This was more common on the older coils than the newer ones. Also if you have the DFX running "hot", sometimes just hitting weeds will make it go off.

n/t

i just bought a dfx and was trying out in the wood and when it hit wet weeds it would give off a signal figured it was normal.....going to the cape in 2 weeks cant wait to try it there....any tips?????