Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Devils Tower--What the heck, Another Rerun

Royal

[attachment 26878 Devils_Tower_12_V_30kb.jpg]

Climbing Devils Tower

The trip out to the Tower was exhausting, as well as interesting. My two companions, Pat and Fred, were great company, except for the fact that both loved opera. I will get into that in a bit.
We made the trip in Pat

of shape you were in,pretty good at 55 i'd say,i'm trying to figure out which would be harder on me,the opera or climbing:biggrin:

I couldn't do something like that to save my life. And fifty-five is still five yrs. away. Holy geez, man. What a captivating story that was. And what a thing it is to say you have climbed THAT. Breathtaking ! Awesome feat ! Awesome story ! Thanks for reposting it.( What a determined, stubborn ole' mule you must be ):lol:

and is willing to put in a little time wall climbing could do it. I am pretty sure I could still get up the dang thing and I was in better shape then. You gotta want to do it and there is little that you can not do.

I have been out there since and it is warm feeling, looking up that monster and realizing that you have been on top. I will probably never do it again but I dun it onest :D

Good repost Royal. I do not think that I would want to try what you have done there.. :)

sunny skies

M

n/t

I am just very busy, trying to sell the house and keep the Roscommon place up and other personal obligations but there are some that have not read these and I thought I would rerun them.

When I take them off sticky I just let them go back to where they were originally and if anyone wants to rerun any of theirs and don't have a copy, just find it and email me and I will sticky it again. I know some of yours would be great reruns.

Everyone is pretty busy right now with different things and reruns might be something to keep the site going.

I wish that gold panner had not left us and Jim who hiked down into the Black Canyon COlorado, would come visit. They had some great story's.

There have been so many story's that were lost when the Gov reorganized the site. I wish I had saved them but I thought they were safe.

I put all of mine in my Blog royalott.blogspot.com for safe keeping. Others sould get a blog and it is a great place to save your story's and your friends can read them.

Blogs are free

I might have been one of those tourists at the bottom wondering who in their right mind would want to climb that thing. Pretty impressive when you can stand on the rock field and look straight up to the top!

Dave

the previous year, the first time I saw it I was awed by the sucker. I saw climbers on it and it was the last thing in my mind to climb it. I started thinking though that if they could do it I could do it. It ate at me and I mentioned it to Pat, which was my undoing. I had thought about it but would probably never had done it but he got excited about it and he was the catilist.

I am sure happy I did it now.