Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Loves Iron!

CDDZ

Past couple of days have been nice and the ground has thawed. Went to a permission of an 1848 canal house. I have pounded this place over the years with many different detectors. This yard is FULL of iron bits. Here are a few pics of the finds.... as I said lots of iron.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

What is This???
IMG_0715.jpg

Need more pictures of your mermaid dolphin sea monster looking thing after you get it cleaned up.
looks cool.
did you find any other interesting finds??
I see a brass tag with two holes... anything on it..
inquiring minds need to know..
Looks like it was a fun hunt...

HuntinDog said:
Need more pictures of your mermaid dolphin sea monster looking thing after you get it cleaned up.
looks cool.
did you find any other interesting finds??
I see a brass tag with two holes... anything on it..
inquiring minds need to know..
Looks like it was a fun hunt...

It is a B&O Railroad tag. A few buckles, iron and brass. In the past I have found a couple of reals (1787,1797) a few large cent, and Indians.

Not sure what the hell this thing is
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Bishop2012 said:
Could it possibly be a cane handle? Whatever it is very cool.
Not sure, the top has threading. I have searched around quite a bit with no luck, not even sure of the age.

Looks like it would be a pretty cool beer tap handle! What program and settings you run?

JP.Diggzzit said:
Looks like it would be a pretty cool beer tap handle! What program and settings you run?

I would play with the disc a little to knock out the small bits of iron, the GB index would change a good bit due to all the iron.
image.jpg

That sea looking thing is too cool. The Deus does like iron but it gives you a pretty good clue that is what it is after. I dig most of it I run across just to clear it and for the occasional nice surprise. Thanks for sharing.

Don

baspinall said:
Yep fire poker handle.

Nice! Now do you have a link for that page where you got the image.
Edit: Found it I was searching bronze fish form, not brass. First image that popped up for brass fish form fire poker LOL

I would like to know where the heck all that iron comes from and what it was used for. Some sites I go to look like old scrap yards there is so much iron.