Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detuning the goldquest ...

dieseldust

Hi guys. Its been ahwile.
Here`s the deal. I have my own GQ and i liked it so much i sold my girlfriend favorite PI(wich was mine) to supprise her with another GQ for her.
She complains of the usuall noises we just deal with because its sensitive.
How can i set up the GQ for the least ammount of chatter to try and make her happy? Forget the depth, Her old one wasnt deep either.
And yes. I am looking to get her old detector back when i can afford it.
Till then any idea`s?

I may be wrong, but try this, as it worked for me on the GQA2. Keep in mind that I only hunt IN THE WATER. I run the SAT on FAST. This helps the unit to recover quickly from the wave action. It works in the water, but try it and see if this helps. I am able to run the Pulse Delay on 10uS, but you might try and turn it up one notch. I could not run it on 10uS in my area with the 11" coil. I had Mr Bill fit an 8" coil on the unit and this resolved all the static. Deepest ring found to date, was past my elbow in the sand. That deep enough for ya?
GH

Thanks GH. I`ll set it up different next time out. She just wants it simple and she`s not happy with the extra knobs, allthough she got a class ring last time out.Maybe she`s warming up to it a little.
I love both my GQ`s and would feel handycapped with out them now.