Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detuning Metal Detector (ACE 250)

grounded

Hi everyone!

I've recently decided to start metal detecting, so i'm probably one of the newest newbies on the site now. I've never owned one, or even used one before, but i have been reading through all the different forums here to get some insite on which model would be right for me and my uses. I chose to purchase the Ace 250 which seems to me to be a very good choice going by what i've read. Since i'm new to metal detecting, this has been a great learning experience for me because there are so many of you out there that offer such great advise (i've actually been writing a lot of it down). My question is why would someone want to detune their metal detector? Wouldn't that limit the area (on the detector) where you are able to detect items at? :shrug:

You're probably referring to the sensitivity control.If the ground is bad the detector will act erratic give false signals and the hunter just isn't going to be able to use the metal detector.Turning down the sensitivity will smooth down the erratic signals and actually let a hunter search in these difficult ground area's.Same for hunting around power transformers or high intensity power lines.

I'm thinkin what they are referring to is when you get a signal (beep), just slowly wiggle the detector a small amount and slowly raise it up from the target until you lose the beep, then you have a much smaller area that the signal is coming from, it's just bout like tightening the pinpoint area, try it sometime, HH and good luck :)

Don't ;happen to have an Ace, but very informative video.
HH
BB

KOOL!...(nasty!)

(h.h!)
j.t.

If a picture is like a 1000 words.........then a video is like.............(you finish) School's in session. Thanks Khouse!:clapping:

how the he** do you de tune a detector?

(h.h!)
j.t.

ohhh yes of course!. forgot.about narrowing the signal for pin pointing purposes!...sorry!.."brain freeze"..senior moment!..i guess detecting for over thirty years isn't long enough!

(h.h!
j.t.

narrowing signal for a more accurate pinpoint of target!..(considered de tuning!)..been doing it for years!

(h.h!)
j.t.

you are correct!..

(h.h!)
j.t.