Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DetectorPro PistolProbe and the Spectra

Kurt

I have read that some multi-frequency detectors can cause interference with the Pistol Probe or that the Pistol Probe can cause interference with some multi-frequency detectors. Has anyone used one with the Spectra V3?

I have been using the Pistol Probe for about 2 months, with the vision. I have not had any problems with interference at all. When I had the Vibra Probe it caused interference with my Dfx, it was so bad I had to put an on/off switch on to use it. Also I am very happy with the performance with the PP
I get about 3-4" of depth in my soil. You pop a plug and it finds the target, unlike the vibra probe or the bullseye, no more dig and check, dig and check until I'm within an inch. Good luck

Steve

The only problem I have with the pistol probe is the pistol looking part. I hunt public property and school yards, I don't need the added public attention of carrying something that looks like a pistol.

Hey Larry,
I hunt a lot of old parks in downtown Los Angeles, maybe thats why the homeless guys are keeping there distance lately instead of asking me for money?

I've been using the Pistol Probe with my V-3 since April and it doesn't have any interference problem and makes finding the target easier.
I just wish it would have a vibrator or a louder speaker. My hearing isn't what it used to be, so I have to slide my headphones off of one ear to hear the probe

Ed

I like the vibra probe myself. the feel, vibration, the fact that water won't hurt it. No knobs to peel off or switches to break.

If I hunted downtown LA, I think I would change my mind......:shocked:

Using the PistolProbe for a few months with my V3 and also carry the Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer. It my seem redundant but using the two can make finding items easer at times. The PistolProbe can tell me if it

:twodetecting:
I agree with cvs reply. I use both the White's Pinpointer II for targets my V3 says are less than 1 inch deep and checking my pile or clump of grass and soil. I also noticed some interference if my V3 coil in to close to the Pistol Probe, so by just moving the coil away solves it. The Pistol Probe saves me time and effort and it's has nice depth 5-6 inches. I would like to have the sound of the pin pointer with the Pistol Probe, but I have adjusted to the softer feedback. I also like the way the Pistol Probe sound increases as you approach the target.

n/t