Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detector pro pi

The newer machines are better because now you can change the coils and the connections to the ear cup are much sturdier. I had to send mine back for repair when a wave snatched the rod out of my hand and broke a wire where it connects to the ear cup but other than that the unit hits real deep. Takes a little time to learn how to accurately pinpoint the target with the 11in. coil but you eventually get the hang of it.

therick

The 11 inch coil is deep but it's hard to pin point. The 8 inch coil I find is a little more stable, pin points a heck of a lot easier and it may be a little more sensitive to smaller targets. I can run the frequency a bit higher too without the threshold becoming unstable.

I hunt with it at the NJ beaches, but I haven't much time to get there lately, hence I was selling my unit. Now that the weather is warmer, hopefully I can get down there and into the water. I mainly use the 11 inch on the wet sand and ankle deep water/suds. The 8 inch is better in the deeper water since you can pin point easier.

If you get one, get a WIDE water scoop. I had a narrower scoop and when I got my wide scoop, it made a big difference. You can get the target with one or two tries.

The unit does tend to use up batteries and works best with alkalines ( not the copper tops). The best thing about the unit is you can tune it to your conditions, easy to use, light as a feather and it does go deep. Also, the unit is set up to find gold and it hits hard on nickels, aluminum, lead sinkers and of course....gold.

Just hope you don't get into a spot where there are DEEP sinkers and locker keys. I hit a spot like that and boy did my arms feel it the next day !!

JC