Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector Help

mooser

What detector would be better for detecting silver coins( i never relic hunt) Whites m-6 or mine lab x-terra 705. What features makes one better than the other for this. Is one easier to use than the other. Which one handles different soil types better. thanks mike

Hi Mooser,i've never used the 705 but i can tell you a little about the M6.I live in England and the coins we like to find are medieval hammered silver coins. I don't know whether you've ever handled one of these coins but they are very thin and some are extremely small....and of low conductivity.The m6 has proven itself over here on these coins on many occasions,even pulling them out of trashy areas.As for coping with ground conditions,the m6 has one of the best ground tracking systems of any detector....it is also one of the easiest detectors to use,virtually a switch on and go machine.Hope this helps.Neil.

I've never had the X-terra 705 but I had an X-terra 50 which was a decent unit . I now have an M6 which I have done much better with and have no plans to sell . They are 2 very different detectors in sounds , feel and function . I would give them both a hands on trial if possible .
H H,
George

If you can find a friend or a club close by they could help you a lot. I have two minelabs and a tesoro that finds me a lot of stuff. But on silver there is no mistake about it I like that minelab sound. My son has a whites and he loves it. Any machine should be fine just get out there and learn them. My 2 cents.:minelab: :tesoro: