Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector Headphones Are Great

Brokensignal

After one year of hunting with earbuds and walkman style headphones i got a pair of Detector Pro Jolly Rodger Ultimates,man what a big difference! i should have listened to you guy's before now! It was just hard to get adjusted to big headphones.I went with the big ones a few times in the wood's and when a tree limb hits me in the side of the head it does not hurt no more! it is great head protection in the deep woods.Plus i can hear more of the metal detector instead of airplanes,trains,cars etc......I am so stubborn.Now i have to go back to my old hunting grounds and see what i missed.:bouncy:

Detector Pro Makes good headphones. I have a pair of Nugget Busters that changed my detecting results. I never heard that deep whisper that some talk about until I changed headphones. If any thing ever happened to mine, I would replace them.

I use nugget busters. I find they are crisper and cleaner sounding even with the solid tones and as mentioned, seal out the outside noises well.
HH
BB

So a set of Stereo headphones with independent volume adjustment for each ear won't work as well as some of the phones made for detectors? With a detector like the Ace 250 with 4 different tones would the detector phones make a lot of difference? I have been using a set of Stereo headphones but also have a set of the Garrett TreasureSound Stereo headphones. Do you think they would be better for me to use. I have tried both of them and thought the ones i am now using sounded better, but what do i know?:confused:

I think a set of good quality stereo headphones with individual ear adjustments should work just fine, generally. Whether the phones designed primarily for detectors are better probably depends on which stereo phones are being compared to which detector phones. I do know that the Gray Ghost Nugget Busters I now favor definitely sound better and cleaner than the low priced, included with the detector, phones I originally started out with. The low priced ones sound tinny and somewhat muffled to my ear.
HH
BB