Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector for coinshooting old homesites...

stpauli914

I am looking for a good detector for coinshooting in some old parks and homesite areas. I am looking for something that can give a good depth readout so I don't have to make the holes too big. Also something that is hot on silver as that is what I will be targeting of course. I know I am going to get a lot of different ideas, but that is fine. I currently hunt the beaches with my Minelab Excalibur II and with the cooler months coming I would like to expand my search :) I would also like general ease of use, turn on and go capable. Also budget oriented towards the $400+/- range I am open to new or used. Thanks in advance for any opinions/ideas :)

HH,
Aaron

AT pro used
F5 new
F70 Used
Mxt used
XLT Used

All the above should be close to your price range..and do all you want and more.. There's others...but these have proven to work very very well....

Don't forget to check out the Teknetics line while you are looking. A used Omega 8000, used Gamma 6000 or a new Delta 4000, they are good for coinshooting. All 3 are pretty much turn on and go.

Thanks guys! What do you think about a Whites Eagle II SL90?? I have one I can get and I have heard really good reviews. I know its an older unit, but some people are saying they wouldn't trade them for anything!

Aaron

n/t

I am looking at one that has 2 new coils(9.5" and 5.5") and overall looks like new. Also comes with a nice padded carrying pouch. I have been reading over the reviews more and boy does it sound good. Whats a good price to pay? I realize they were $849 retail back in the day. I think I'm looking at roughly $350. What do you all think.

Thanks,
Aaron

It's worth what your willing to pay....... 275 to 350 that I have seen....................and that was with only 950 coil... Honestly their excellent and way ahead of their day when released...if you have any operating problems e-mail me..I used one for 5 6 years..............The adjustments are all there but tiered so you have to enter for several adjustment settings

PS: MAKE SURE..it has the manual with it..A MUST !!!!!

If you don't mind a beep and dig machine, a Vaquero will do what you want, great depth, fast retune, really good 5.75" coil for trashy areas.. Fisher Cz3D in enhanced mode will find the old coins, has excellent depth, runs smooth, 4 tones, with many older coins responding at high tone(including nickels). The CZ will also give you another beach machine that runs stable in the wet sand or even with the coil submerged a few inches.