Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detector clubs, who here are members?

jimw1957

I am still kind of new to this but have been going to one of the smaller beaches in my area for three months on the weekends in the early AM to practice. I was surprised today to see 5 other people on the beach when I got there at 6:00am with in a few minutes there must have been 15-20 people with detectors and I wasnt really counting but we were everywhere. I talked to several of them and it appears two different clubs picked the same beach that day. Itr was a funny site for a while we looked like ants. Although the beach is plenty big enough for everyone I though it was funny that the clubs didn't coordinate there outings. I really liked one of the club and probably will join them but was curious hwo many people here are members of clubs?

I belong to a club that meets once a month and has a hunt once a month. It is worth the time. You get to meet other mder's in your area, try other machines for free etc. Once in awhile someone will get permission to hunt a promising site and we all go. There are door prizes and raffles and finds of the month prizes, etc. Our youngest member is 14 and his parents, who don't detect bring him every month. Our oldest member, I am not sure how old but he is up there, uses a walker that has been modified with U shaped attachments on top. He slings his old Garrett on top and goes. He also has some great stories about detecting like his first detector from Heathkit that you had to build yourself by wrapping wire around a homemade loop and using one of those old style lantern batteries. You young ones probably never heard of Heathkit, it was a do it yourself electronics type store. Great stuff. Join one, you will have a great time and learn allot.

Thanks Tin Nugget by the way my father built our first color TV it was a Heathkit, he also built an O scope,freq generator, and varoius other electronic equipment.

I am not only a member I am a club President. Sort of like that hair club commercial huh?
Seriously. If you want to have more fun and learn allot more about detecting you can't beat belonging to a club. Our club has a HUGE open hunt held on a beach with 100 plus in attendance each year. We have find of the month contests, cookouts,Xmas paties as well as guest speakers at some of our meetings.
You will meet people who like you are very interested in detecting and most importantly will share their knowledge with you. You can't go wrong!
Check out our web site it is

http://home.comcast.net/~gthclub22

Good luck and happy hunting

Hi, Yes, I'm a member to our local PATH (Peoria Area Treasure Hunters) Club. I am the Vice Pres. and also one of 4 Board Members. We meet once a month and show all our finds, have contests of the Finds of the Month, prizes and a whole lot of fun. Very informational and we also have many Club hunts. We have a membership of around 25. You can't go wrong with great people and the experience that they share.

HH to all.........Nancy

:twodetecting:
I STARTED A CLUB HERE IN LAS VEGAS, NM. It is a local and statewide club. I have an msn site where are goup is meeting. We are accepting members now. COME AND JOIN US.​
Click here: METAL DETECTING NEW MEXICO:detecting:

Thanks for all the feedback, I am looking into joining a local club. I am looking forward to meeting people who share the same interests in detecting and prospecting as well as the opportunity for fellowship.

www.cowtowntreasurehunters.org - I joined last year and they have a large number of members and it's totally worth being a member.