Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting today.

Lori

I went out today and again my clad is increasing. I started off in my father's yard. I found 4 dimes, 3 nickels, 9 pennies and 1 wheat. Then I went to my old elementary school and found 4 dimes 20 pennies and 1 wheat and I also found an earing which I think is silver but all I can see on it is the 5 and the top of the 2 but not sure if it is a two or something else. Then I came back home and found a few more cents. Then I went to my inlaws and went to a school by their house. I found 3 quarters, 8 dimes, and 15 or so pennies. Then I detected their yard for a few and found 1 wheat and 3 pennies. My minelab finds dimes and pennies very easily.

I will take pics as soon as I have it all together. I had a good fun day except now my wrist hurts :(

Have a great weekend,

Lori

Soon you will learn how good minelab detectors are and when you learn your machine well you will go over all the same places you hit brfore and find many more coins. Keep up the good work and post some pics.

Now that you have the hang of coins, you may want to concentrate on the deeper signals so you don't wear yourself out digging lots of clad. Slow down your swing speed almost to a similar motion as if you were slowly mopping or painting the floor. Set your gain to 5-6-7 range and listen for the fainter signals in between the louder ones. Check the depth gauge and dig only those signals that are at least 1/3 to 1/2 on the depth gauge. The silver is usually down in this range or deeper and you'll find more wheats too......Have fun!

My wrist and elbow hurt alot often...I found it helps to keep my arm locked to my side and swing my body and hips abit more.Then the wrist doesnt get that pressure so much.Happy hunting.