Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting site idea

steve in so la

When you need a new site to detect think about this : many outdoor places have adjoining parking lots. Those made of rocks/dirt can hold coins. Even though the ground is super hard through compaction you can still get coins & jewelry from them as most are 1-2 inches down.

358wagy.jpg

Here's today's hunt results from a baseball parking area that has a small parking lot. While there was no gold & silver found, many's the time over the years that I have dug valuable jewelry pieces.

If the ground is super hard then put the site on a list for rainy days detecting. While I got 58 items today before giving out I have had days digging hundreds. Maybe keep this idea in mind, Steve in so la

Parking areas hold lots of coins and other surprises too. I like them old ones that hold silver coins best. Good haul today Steve.

Thanks Steve. I've hunted many of the parking lots associated with city and country parks. For the most part, all I've found is pocket change and generally in bad shape. I've not found anything of real value in such areas. Areas I do find things in are around basketball courts, baseball diamonds, etc.

YES!!! Mr. Steve, I went sunday evening to a place where my town just had a festival a few weeks back. I was getting alot of trash and some coins. The parking lot is PAVED..but, it has cracks with dirt built up and grass growing. I checked every single patch of grass! Got pennies, saw one nickle laying right on the top! One spot i didn't recover the penny...I don't have a pinpointer yet. I will go back again and get that little sucker! :) Another good place to check is the old road side rest areas! (The ones with just picnic tables.) We have one close by, it is very trashy, but I check under a tree where this guy sells Peaches from the Texas Hill country! The other day I found 88 cents! Anyplace on the side of the road where people sell stuff, I think is worth looking! Happy Blessed Hunting!!

I have found some good stuff in the gravel. Congratulations on your finds Steve.

Oh, Detecting Chic, reminded me of the concrete where there are tables for those who want to eat and rest near the rest rooms and where they buy food at the concession stands....the place is covered but has separation between the concrete layers and I found dimes and coins there by detecting along each crack....just amazing where dropped coins go to hide! Look everywhere where coins can roll and land into...just never know! :angel: Ma

Thank you and good luck with God's blessings on all your hunts! Will be off line, soon but sure looking forward to you finding that first silver and gold and then the detecting fever will really hit hard! :lol: :angel: Ma