Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting patterns.

Apollo

What is your most successful hunting pattern? Parallel with the water?

Thanks....

I have used both ways on the dry sand and both work well.
I prefer to hunt the wet sand parallel to the water.

I prefer to start between the very dry sand and the water. Once I hit a heavy target area, I go up and down (perpendicuar to the water) until all targets are dug. I learned a new search pattern (circle) on some of the videos posted. I have not tried this.

Surfline

Most important for me is probably the zigzag to and from the water, its the one that puts you on the zone/line, once found either parallel, circle or perpendicular depends on the way things go with the targets(usually parallel)

In the water I start at the shore and walk up to my neck back and forth,after 30 years at this I found that this is the best Pattern.Here in FLorida we don't have the low tides like they have in N.j. In the wet sand I walk along the shore line , I don't hunt dry sand much any more,it's to hard to walk in.I also hunt a lot slower now than I did 10 years ago and I am findding more. I hunt about 300 days Per year.So if this has help some of you good luck Happy huntting ,Ron Lord Naples, FLorida..

I agree with Junklord, I will first spend some time reconnoitering the beach to see where the troughs (depressions) are (both in the water and out) and then I work the wet sand first...walking back and forth in the a tight "W" and as I do that I can usually tell where the target density layer is. Usually it's where your heavier rocks and shells have settled (if you can see them). You'll sometimes come away with an idea of a line if you look back and see where your fill marks are. I then usually concentrate first in that line down my stretch of beach. Then I get in the water and work back and forth in perpendicular lines to the beach until I start getting signals and then I go parallel on that line. After your arm gets tired go back and hit the edges of your search area in the wet sand and then if nothing happens "Go get a cheeseburger and a Bud and call it Fate" . :lmfao: It works pretty well for me. Hope it helps you find your share of success! (or cheeseburgers) -Dig

I don't beach hunt (yet) so forgive a silly question, but would you use the same patterns on the west coast?

ThTx said:
I don't beach hunt (yet) so forgive a silly question, but would you use the same patterns on the west coast?

You can use the same patterns only in the opposite direction because your on the west coat....LOL

Check these videos out they will give you some ideas about patterns, there really is many ways to hunt the beach. It depends on the conditions. I will normally walk an S or W pattern in the wet sand til i find a patch then i will grid it til i find everything i can. Sometimes at low tide i hunt into and out of the water, also hunt all low spots, troughs, ripple troughs, and concentration of shells. Dont forget sometimes after very rough condition targets may be found at the high tide line, hence why i and others walk the S or W pattern depending on who you ask......

Thanks Bruce

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1087175,1093816#msg-1093816
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1101179

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will try some patterns like the S and W and measure to see if I have any greater success.
Thanks again, Kevin