Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:detecting: Infinium LS, water perfect, 41/2 hours, 3 gold rings!!!:thumbup:

Cupajo

My first water hunt this year!

Infinium, if you had lips I'd kiss ya!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

PS Too tired to work on pics now, but will postem soon.

btw do you go diving or hip wade type hunt ? congrats on 3 gold rings,I think my record is possible 2 been so long can not recall :)

Hi Orlando,

I use chest waders.

They leaked a little yesterday and I'll have to figure out where before i use them again.

That's one of the things I don't like about using waders; they will liek sooner or later!

It was a good day, with everything just as one could wish, warmer temperatures, sunshine and not a wave in sight!

I had the water all to myself and the sand has been washed out to deeper water so that I walked mostly on large gravel and cobblestones.

Some of the bottom hasn't been so exposed in a long time and makes for good hunting!

I'm looking forward to using the Excalibur next time!

Regards,

CJ

I may just start on water,sounds like a great idea..... there is lots of areas that it would open up for me,what do you like as a good starter water detector? thanks hh

I guess will need a few more tools like a scoop ,and I guess hip waders from the surplus stores....oh no probably more frustration trying too find treasure :)

Hi Orlando,

There is no easy answer to your question.

Would you be hunting in fresh water or salt?

In warm areas of the country or cold?

Are there a lot of sources of electrical interference? Black sand? Hot Rocks? Lots of junk?

Considering these issues is a good starting point, as the detector and equipment you would need depends on the answers.

If you can find a gently used machine, you may spend $500 to $800, but unless you are buying from a repudable dealer, the unit will likely have no warrentee.

Most good quality water machines are in the $1,000+ range new.

Check out the Beach and Water Hunting Forum for loads of information to fill in the blanks for you and E-Mail me when you need more guidence.

I have over 25 years of interest in water hunting and many hours of experience to draw on.

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Hi:
Yes your right,I can see there are many factors.I will check some of the forums.Here there is both salt/fresh water...thanks for a start...hh oj