Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:detecting:I used a VX3 last evening and it was great

leebowhunts68

I had a v3I for a year but I just couldn't get it just right. it would be great one day and I hated it for three more. Too many controls and choices for a guy like me. the VX3 ran smooth in trash and it was a turn on and go for my buddy and I. I went to a hard hunted relic field and went to all metal single Freq and it done great. Found two bullets at really good depths for the type of soil and how red the dirt was. I didn't mind at all the simplicity of it. I enjoyed it enough that I'm going to hunt with it again this week and if all goes good again might buy me one to go with my MXT PRO. I didn't find anything my PRO couldn't hear but the id was a little better at ten inch bullet. It ran very smooth and I had it tuned up. The key to it is that I don't like tweaking a machine that's why I had problems with my V3, I was not smart enough to adjust it and know all the things one adjustment would do to a program.

Turn on and go, the VX3 is awesome with everything a person could want in a great machine.
If you like to tweak and adjust to everything you might want to change, for the money the V3I is worth the difference.
But neither one just kicked the MXTs butt in the red dirt of southern tn or north Alabama.

And that MXT might get kicked to the curb. Try the MXT 300s coil on the VX3....that 950 stock coil is not the best for the red dirt. I played with a VX3 myself and I thought high of it as well.

Anyone with a V3i having trouble with choices can just set it with the Vx3 settings. Put the 950 on and only use the adjustments you can on the VX3 and there you are.