Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting : do you go where others go ? - -

steve in so la

Sometimes, especially in a popular place, I look around and think "where do others detect & where do they avoid "? Then I go where they avoid. I have had luck in the past doing this. Human nature tells us what looks good & what doesn't = think what doesn't.

I dug a Merc dime one time under a hedge just off the lawn; dug a CW button from under a cow pie in an old fort area ; in a heavily used driveway that was gravel I dug 2 silver coins, & then realized the drive was once part of the front yard ; I dug a Walking Liberty half around the side of a house that was mostly packed dirt; my partner once dug a gold ring in an old worn away dirt place which was away from all the action.

So maybe try this next time and see if your luck changes, Steve in so la

At one of the big CW hunts in VA, I was following a path down a slope into a ravine. The path was where others had already used to get down there. I would stop and swing the coil into brush etc… where other didn't. Sure enough, I put the coil into the crotch of a fallen limb where it made a "Y". I got a nice tone so I moved the limb and the dirt and found a sweet company "K" letter for a CW union hat. On the other side of the coin in old areas I don't mind hunting where others have pounded, knowing they already dug the shallow stuff and left me the deepies!!! :thumbup:

I try to do that also. I have found a lot of civil war bullets like that.

the Forest Preserves in ILL. Where bushes are now could have been clear years ago. I have found many old silver coins and wheaties under them. Easier to get under them in early winter before the freeze and early spring before the leaves come back.

overlooking a small creek. Looking down there I saw a level spot below the bluff on the other side. I said self, looks like a good spot for a camp. Made my way over there and under a fallen tree my coil sounded off. I found 3 coins, 1865 2 cent piece, and 2 IH's 1865 and 1864. Nothing in the open spot. :detecting:

On one school yard and play ground, there was some paths leading off into the woods where children would go either for home or just to play during recess and noon time.....never found anything really good but just a few newer coins, but a person never knows until they try! I hunted a hillside between a fenced school yard and a church and the kids had eaten their lunches there or played and I found quite a few coins, although nothing really great, as one of these was an Elementary School and the other Junior High! Just never know where people and children have been to lose coins, rings and jewelry! Hope ya'll find lots of goodies when you can get out and go :detecting: in warmer weather! God Bless! :angel: Ma

I hear you on that one Stevie O. Here there is spots that no one but I have done.....and a few i have shared with Navy davy....over 50 spots!