Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting around bleachers

jfelly65

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has done any detecting around steel/aluminum bleachers. I have received permission to go detecting around some bleachers that are aluminum with steal supports and was wondering if the metal will interfere with the detector at all? Is there any way to block it out to?
Thanks
Josh

Hi Josh, I've done many bleachers in the past and I would use the coin/jewelry mode, very little gain (5 if not lower), discrimination (Duel Control) at 2. You will have the bleachers scream at you, but listen to the machine. Which coil are you going to use? That's another "key" point. It makes a big difference to what coil you're using. I use the BigFoot when doing bleachers. Let us know.......we'll try to help. HH to all, Nancy

Nancy:
Why not the smaller 5.3 coil? The Big Foot, well, it seems really big!
RR

BTW RR stands for "Rest & Retirement" :lol:

Just a quick word of advice, don't overlook parking areas that are gravel.
You need a sturdy knife to dig in the gravel, but you'll get a lot of coins out of
the parking area. If you don't already have a 5.3 or a 6x10DD I would get one. Makes
it easier but your standard 9.5 coil will do the job. Very little by way of trash on
the gravel. Also a cheapo pinpointer will save you lots of time. The coins tend to take on the color
of the gravel after they have been buried there for awhile. Blends in so bad you cant hardly
see them.

RR

I guess it's because I can sweep it clean faster. :detecting: HH to all, Nancy