Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech..Sunray...Coiltech..large coils...

snh

I have a field.................................as the story goes.
It has been one of those gold mines that you hear about....the rare kinda fields.....the ones that give up MANY colonial coins and relics....and I am talking about....a tton of coins...relatively speaking.
We have hammered it to death with our Explorers and Nautilus' machines.
Largest coil we used was either the stock 10.5 or Platypus for the Explorer.
At this point we have reached the limit of target differentiation (new word).....ie....ability to tell what has a lsight chance of being a good target verses deep iron.
We know deep coins still exhist as we dig them from time to time but ability to hear is strained and we need bigger coils.
Now the caveat is that there is quite a bit of iron nails and trash around....not horrid but significant.
I was not over impressed with a Sunray 12" the few times we tried one there...did not see any gain in depth ability verses the Sunray 8"
What has been some experiences with any of the three manufacturers larger coils. If there is no real gain in depth for a specific coil size it serves me no puprose.
I could go with a big WOT....but dang a 14' coil is large...then again it may be the only choice if the 12" Sunray or Detech gains little depth over the stock 10'
Just too much money to spnd on a try and see method.

scott

<center> the coiltek WOT will be able to pick out small targets and coins on edge Scott
I use to use one for large fields and even fresh plowed to find those HOT spots :)
WOT coil will give some depth over stock but not much but I really liked to cover ground faster in those plowed fields because time was limited as you know.

If I was you and you have used most other optons you could always try a WOT now :D nothing to lose
and you can always resell after your done with it too

Coiltek coils are really more sensitive for me at least and even tho the WOT is BIG you can pull nice finds with it for sure

Keep your lower rod short so the coil is not extended out any farther then it needs to be and it will also help with the wt.

Food for thought. In your Field of Dreams. If you go for the bigger coil no matter what brand you select. remember this 15" is the maximum recommended size for coin hunting.

Get the WOT AND a swingy-thingy. I use the WOT with this setup and can hunt for just as long as I could with the stock coil without it. I'm 66. Once you try it you might just use it on all your coils.