Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Destroyer.... USS JOSEPH P. KENNEDY, JR.

Ron J

This Destroyer, Joseph P.Kennedy,Jr.[attachment 49076 BattleshipCove004.jpg][attachment 49077 BattleshipCove002.jpg][attachment 49077 BattleshipCove002.jpg] is also at Battleship Cove,and open for viewing.[attachment 49082 BattleshipCove060.jpg] Its tight compared to the Battleship. [attachment 49082 BattleshipCove060.jpg]Its also a Official Memorial to the Korean,and Vietnam Wars.Has two battle stars from Korean War.Also two interesting facts,first,it was the only American Vessel to board a Soviet-chartered ship during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis,as most of you know,We were too close to a possible Nuclear war with Russia! Finally served as the official viewing platform during the 1962 America's Cup Races,for President,and Mrs. Kennedy! Barry Young,a friend of mine,(a body man in our body shop)served on the Kennedy,before being decommissioned.He served as the Helmsman.[attachment 49078 BattleshipCove068.jpg]I showed him this photo without telling him,where i took it.He recognized it instantly.He mentioned he'd fallen asleep at the wheel! Barry also mentioned,the ship does not have its original Bell,it was stolen while he was stationed on the vessel.[attachment 49079 BattleshipCove086.jpg]He added the Navy,the Captain,and the FBI were all involved trying to solve the theft!They were a little pizzed,to say the least.So this is a replacement.Notice the welded bars around it!It only has US cast,NO NAME!