Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Desert Dweller going to Florida Need advice

LuckLarry

Well next week I will go to Florida. I am hoping I will not get any resistance in bringing my MXT and my wife's ACE 250 in our bags on the flight. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also I am not sure I will need to take all my coils, I could sure use some help determining which will be best for a beach, the:

ECLIPSE DEEPSCAN DD 1400,
4X7 DD EXCEL COIL
or the Stock MXT 950 COIL

The sand here in the deserts of Arizona is not normally mentioned in the same sentence with water. 135 days now with no rain. So I have no clue how to work a beach.

By the way, should I put a plastic bag over my MXT's coil, and my wife's ACE 250 coil, to protect it from the salt water?

This desert coyote could use plenty of advice on Beach work.

Thanks so much guys, Luck Larry

Well next week I will go to Florida. I am hoping I will not get any resistance in bringing my MXT and my wife's ACE 250 in our bags on the flight. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also I am not sure I will need to take all my coils, I could sure use some help determining which will be best for a beach, the:

ECLIPSE DEEPSCAN DD 1400,
4X7 DD EXCEL COIL
or the Stock MXT 950 COIL

The sand here in the deserts of Arizona is not normally mentioned in the same sentence with water. 135 days now with no rain. So I have no clue how to work a beach.

By the way, should I put a plastic bag over my MXT's coil, and my wife's ACE 250 coil, to protect it from the salt water?

This desert coyote could use plenty of advice on Beach work.

Thanks so much guys, Luck Larry

We Wish you Luck
Larry

Take the 14" Deepscan and the standard. Don't worry about the coils. Everything is waterproof except the control box and display pod.

Wipe and rinse everything off each day and remove the lower shaft and flush out any sand that has accumulated inside. If you do not do this they will seize up and you very well may destroy them getting them apart.

Do not raise the wet coil above the control box. Water can run down the hollow shaft(s) and get into the control box.

Be very careful. Do not drop the detector into the surf. If you do, bye bye MXT. The coil, grips and shafts will be the only good parts left.

You will probably have to retune it as you pass from dry to wet sand to surf. You will get noise as the surf breaks over the coil. You can cut down on the sensitivity or get out of the surf - deeper or higher up on the wet sand. You will get extreme depth in the dry and damp sand. acceptable in the surf or wave wet sand.

I have used mine for two years but finally got a water proof detector to ease my mind over possibility of dropping it into the salt water.

The MXT is my favorite detector. Much easier to use.

Hope you have a rewarding vacation.

Lee - MI - MI

Lee - just out of curiosity - which waterproof detector did you choose for beach/surf hunting that matches the MXT?

Regards

B.