Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth

CA Steve

Dont seem to be getting any depth out of my x-70. Seem to be finding shallow targets only. Any suggestions? If sensitivity is cranked to high can this be my problem?

You should bury some coins at different depth. Then see if your detector is getting them. May be no deeper coins where you are hunting.

My hearing isnt the best and I found what helped me on the deeper targets was turning the volume all the way up. YOu might give that a try also.

HH
Neil

Some times on really deep targets the 70 will give more of a Blip than a tone. If you catch one of these Blips, Turn your tracking off and go back over it several times and watch your ID screen. I've found that a target just at the fringe of detection will do this. Most times if the #s jump around but generalize on one digit more than another, if that's a coin number its worth digging. I've found lots of Large cents that came in a couple #s lower than they should and as soon as I pull a good sized plug the tone and ID #s correct themselves.

Some times on really deep targets the 70 will give more of a Blip than a tone. If you catch one of these Blips, Turn your tracking off and go back over it several times and watch your ID screen. I've found that a target just at the fringe of detection will do this. Most times if the #s jump around but generalize on one digit more than another, if that's a coin number its worth digging. I've found lots of Large cents that came in a couple #s lower than they should and as soon as I pull a good sized plug the tone and ID #s correct themselves.

[quote Neil]My hearing isnt the best and I found what helped me on the deeper targets was turning the volume all the way up. YOu might give that a try also.

HH
Neil[/quote]
Neil, done that.

[quote NH Bob]Some times on really deep targets the 70 will give more of a Blip than a tone. If you catch one of these Blips, Turn your tracking off and go back over it several times and watch your ID screen. I've found that a target just at the fringe of detection will do this. Most times if the #s jump around but generalize on one digit more than another, if that's a coin number its worth digging. I've found lots of Large cents that came in a couple #s lower than they should and as soon as I pull a good sized plug the tone and ID #s correct themselves.[/quote]
Thanks Bob

the simple answer is Yes, you can overdrive the sensitivity. If your ground is highly mineralized or if there is an abundance of RFI or AC induction in the area, you will be "better off" lowering the sensitivity. It won't hunt as deep as it might in an area without that type of interference, running higher sensitivity levels. But by lowering the sensitivity, you will reduce the amount of chatter you hear (created by the interference), allowing you to hear the good stuff, easier. Fortunately, most of the areas I hunt have low to moderate mineralization. And I encounter few electical interference problems, allowing me to run my Sensitivity quite high. HH Randy