Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEPTH PROBLEM AND SOME FINDS

luis21tex

GUYS I NOTICED TODAY THAT THE PATTERN IM USING IS ONLY GOINT 5 TO 6 INCHES HOW CAN I MAKE MY DEPTH GO DEEPER IM BERLY LEARNING HOW TO DO THIS, I DOWNLOADED THE PATTERN IN PAGE 21. FROM NIAGRACOUNTRY , I SEEM PEOPLE DIG UP TO 12 INCHES FOR A COIN OR SILVER SO ANY HINTS WOULD BE GREAT O THIS IS WAHT I FOUND SINCE I GOT MY E TRAC NOT MUCH BUT GOT GOLD ON THE FIRST DAY ALL THIS TARGETS WARE AT 3 TO 4 INCHES , AND SORRY FO CAMERA IT LOOK LIKE SHIT PROBLEM IS DRUG DEALERS CUT THE POWER OFF AND I CANT SEEM TO HAVE GOOD LIGH IN THE HOUSE , THE PICS IS JUST 21 DOLLAR IN CLAD, AND 3 DOLLARS IN PENNYS AND BUNCH OF RELIACS , AND THE LITTLE GOLD CHAIN CAIN CAME UP HAS FOIL . AND YET NO SILVER :(

one would hit a copper U.S. penny at 19 inches at 30 manual, others would hit it at a little over 12, some were better at 14-15 inches :shrug: I have really seen the same issue with CZ's over the years too with all models, especially CZ-3D's and CZ-70's...much less with CZ-5's. I would think in this day and age with the way detectors are being designed and built that this variability would be minimal. I cannot comment on how your pattern may affect your depth, however; I'm sure there are many on here than can. If you are hunting in an area old enough for coins to be deeper then it might raise my brough too...airtesting and in the field depth concerns have been discussed on here before...JMHO...HH

Coming from Andys book. You just cant air test for depth on FBS machines. They need to see the soil composition. I air test for tones only. Setting up a small test garden will tell the tale. The deep targets often found by members is because they have allot of time and experience behind there machine. It takes time and understanding of what settings do what. More experienced users often push the limits of there machines to get these depths.

EZ

If drug dealers cut the power to your house then depth is the least of your worries! You can try this. See if your detector will hit a deep dime in the ground with your new discrimination pattern. Then see if it will hit on it in the default pattern. That should tell you if the pattern is an issue. Try different settings and see if you can get improved performance. You may want to increase gain and/or sensitivity. Noise cancel at the beginning of every hunt. I even noise cancel several times during a hunt. Hunt several sites. Perhaps one will be more productive than the other. If the silver is not there, you won't find it. I would, if possible, test another search coil. Hunt with a buddy who has the same detector. Have him call you over when he gets a deep signal so you can swing your coil over it. Compare settings. I wouldn't rely on air tests. Minelabs don't air test well. They are not designed to. The magic happens when that multi frequency electromagnetic field penetrates the ground.

For myself, simply getting out and hunting as frequently as possible helped me figure out my detector and the settings that work best for ground conditions in my neck of the woods. My good finds increased with my experience. I'm still learning.

i know in the coin program the e-trac would not hit on a dime 10 inches deep in the ground.i put the dime in the ground and tryed it. but if a coin has been there for years it might have found it. i know i have found wheat pennys at 8 inches deep in the coin program. now in the coin program the e-trac did not hit on that dime at 10 inches deep, so then i tryed a open screen with one line across the bottom and went over the dime and it sounded of good. so you do lose depth with the discrimination pattern from the coin program.