Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta depth??

I'm primarily a coinshooter and I have an F75-LTD , but I don't think that it fits my hunting style or the types of sites that I detect. I'm not knocking it in anyways - I just don't think that it's the right detector for me. I'm thinking about trading it in for an Omega and Delta. I know that the Omega has good depth on coins , but I haven't heard much about the Delta. My wife and daughter would use the Delta , so I was just curious about what kind of depth it can hit coins at. For it's price I wouldn't expect it to hit Coins a foot deep , but 7 or eight inches would be a plus in my decision on the trade. Thanks for any input in advance. Happy hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

I have the Delta, Gamma, and Omega and there isn't a lot of difference in their depth capability (very slightly incremental with each step up) at least with these particular three units. The 11" DD will give the best depth by a fair amount usually, and if depth is an issue in your mind, I'd recommend that you get the Omega Pro Pak which includes the stock concentric and the 11" DD at a nice discount. If you can swing it, go ahead and snatch one of the DD's for the Delta too when you buy it and you MIGHT be able to get a dealer to cut you a break on the second DD. The first time I took my Delta out, I was running the 11" DD and I dug a ridiculously deep silver dime as well as some other old coins in a trashed out heavily pounded site. Look up the length of a Predator model 75 digger (it's longer than the standard hand digger) and there was 1/2" of the handle out of the hole when I got down to the dime. Now this is NOT to say the Delta will nail all coins that deep all the time BUT it sure is nice to know it is capable of doing so occasionally. Recoveries with the Gamma and Omega have demonstrated exceptional depth on a few occasions also. Even though the Delta only has a preset ground balance, I've been surprised at the depths it gets in a WIDE range of soils, but it does present some limitation in certain conditions.

Brad. Thanks for the highly informative post. I have the option for going for the Omega with the 3 coil option or the Omega and the Delta - now I have to make up my mind on which deal to go with. Thanks again for taking the time to post your reply. CoinShooter-Craig

Bartman. I traded it in for the F75-LTD thinking that I would like it better. - I didn't. Thinking about going for the Omega because my T-2 was erratic when I'd hunt with my buddy who uses a Explorer SE. - CoinShooter-Craig

Craig, did you try changing the frequency around the Explorer SE. I have a buddy that uses one as well. I can usually find a freq. F7 I think, where I don't get interference unless he is right next to me looking at my target.

Wow, how many different machines do you have Brad?

BuckeyeBrad said:
I have the Delta, Gamma, and Omega and there isn't a lot of difference in their depth capability (very slightly incremental with each step up) at least with these particular three units. The 11" DD will give the best depth by a fair amount usually, and if depth is an issue in your mind, I'd recommend that you get the Omega Pro Pak which includes the stock concentric and the 11" DD at a nice discount. If you can swing it, go ahead and snatch one of the DD's for the Delta too when you buy it and you MIGHT be able to get a dealer to cut you a break on the second DD. The first time I took my Delta out, I was running the 11" DD and I dug a ridiculously deep silver dime as well as some other old coins in a trashed out heavily pounded site. Look up the length of a Predator model 75 digger (it's longer than the standard hand digger) and there was 1/2" of the handle out of the hole when I got down to the dime. Now this is NOT to say the Delta will nail all coins that deep all the time BUT it sure is nice to know it is capable of doing so occasionally. Recoveries with the Gamma and Omega have demonstrated exceptional depth on a few occasions also. Even though the Delta only has a preset ground balance, I've been surprised at the depths it gets in a WIDE range of soils, but it does present some limitation in certain conditions.

n/t