Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta 4000

Weekendwarrior

Just ordered the Delta 4000 from Kellyco yesterday. After researching various types of detectors in that price range I found the reviews to be a consistent 5 other than a connection issue. Just looking to see what anyone has found with it and at what depths??? I have been using a Cobra Beach Magnet for 2 yr's mainly at the beach, but at parks it begins to take its toll with the weight. So this is what brought me and the Delta 4000 together...Thanks

I found a 1918 standing liberty in a very hunted area at an honest 8 inches
I really like my delta 4000. I have the stock 8 inch coil and 5 inch coil

I am considering to purchase one as a back-up to my Omega.

Most of the time I grab my Omega 8000 because I prefer the ground balance and some other features it provides. However, I try to find some tough places to hunt and have my 5" DD coil mounted so I can hit some renovation work or really thin-down some very trashy sites. A couple of my good friends use models with a 6

does big iron ID on the first 39 numbers or does it ID higher ?

do I miss many relics (bigger than a knife) with the Delta ?

1st off thanks for the advice and responses to my post. Well, it came in the mail today and am amazed at how lite it is & can see a future of hr's spent a day searching for the next big treasure. I searched an area about 20ft x 20ft in my own yard covering it 1st with my Cobra Beach Magnet with no hits and then with my new Delta 4000 and got 7 hits. Yes, I dug all hits just to dig up old cans that had be under 8 - 12 inches easily then the rains came. I was impressed at how deep it detected and may have to go over areas that I have hit over the last 2 years just to do another search. I'm thinking if the Beach Magnet missed that many object's who knows what else I missed. Thanks again and happy hunting!

to post them here or, if you prefer, shoot me an e-mail directly to MonteVB@comcast.net and I'll be glad to help out.

While I generally favor a model with more manual control, especially Ground balance adjustment, I've given the Delta a nod for being one of the most fun-to-use and good-performing of the turn-on-and-go models. I don't hesitate to grab it for a lot of quick work in tot lots and similar sites.

Take the time to learn how to tell the bigger 'old cans' and such from the smaller coin-sized targets before you make recoveries from public parks and such.
Enjoy your new Teknetics Delta!

Monte

The performance of the Delta in discrimination mode is about the same as the Omega, coil-for-coil. The exception would be in heavy mineralization where the ground balancing features of the Omega would give a slight edge. For good reason it's almost impossible to find an unhappy Delta owner. At its price point, nothing from any manufacturer matches it. I can say that flat-out because I don't expect anyone to dispute it.

Call me biased if you like, but heck, we've got other models we make more money on. When it comes to reading the forums, the posts I love most to see are the ones where the customer is happy, whether it's a low end machine or a high end machine. After all, we make machines that list price from about $60 on up to about $1400. There are certain of our products which I think of as offering exceptional value at their price tag, and the Delta is one of those products.

--Dave J.
FTP-Fisher

I agree that it's always good to read about folks being pleased with their success regardless of the price of the detector. If it is a decent unit and does then job they want, that's what counts. For a lot of day to day hunting tasks, the Delta is quite capable of getting the job done.

I guess I should close by simply saying, "Keep up the good work!"

Monte

I have a Delta with the 8" stock coil and have been finding some neat stuff. Coins at six and seven inches. What would be the benefit of a larger coil? 10 or 11"?

I too am curious about the 10 and 11 inch coils for the Delta. This is a very good machine as is but if the larger coils will make it even better, all for that. If anyone has any info on these larger coils on the Delta, it would be appreciated.

The 10 inch elliptical, being concentric with a "surface" area about the same as the 8 incher or slightly less, in theory should give a slightly broader sweep and slightly tighter target separation than the 8 incher, but not by so much that you're likely to regard it as a worthwhile investment.

The Omega comes standard with the 10 inch elliptical, and users report that the 11 inch DD provides a really big improvement in performance on the Omega, pulling it into "running with the big dogs" territory. The slightly larger size helps, but most of the credit goes to the fact it's an elliptical DD and that the machine's response characteristics are tailored more toward DD's (the Omega being descended in part from the T2 in that respect).

The discrimination mode on the Delta is very similar to that on the Omega. Therefore I would expect that the 11 inch DD would provide performance enhancement comparable to that reported for the Omega. Perhaps there are some users here who have done that comparison with the Delta and can provide firsthand information from actual field use.

Another coil you might want to consider is the 5 inch round DD. Very good reputation for working in trashy areas, near playground equipment and steel fences, etc.

--Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

You asked what the benefit would be of using the 10" elliptical concentric coil or 11" elliptical Double-D coils on the Delta, stating that you've been finding coins at 6" or 7" with the stock 8" concentric coil.

Actually, you got a great answer from Dave J., who ought to know, and his ending suggestion to consider the round 5" DD ought to be a consideration. yes, I am biased towards smaller-than-stock coils because for most of my 46 years of detecting I've favored smaller coils for the bulk of my hunting. Usually a good old 8" coil, long the 'standard" in the industry, is a great choice for most hobbyists.

A quick comparison of the 10" elliptical concentric and 11" DD coils compared with your stock 8" round concentric coil is sort of easy.

Your 8" round coil is physically a smidgen over 8