Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delete

Good to hear it works in wet sand. That was one area there wasn't much info on a few months back. Wasn't a concern for me but I know others will be happy to learn that.

Now I just gotta find a beach!

Whadjafind?

Hi Jerry!

Can you expand on your comment:-

"I know he will be glad to get it back. It cracks me up when they say the F75 don't work good on a salt water beach and black sand."

I am genuinely interested in what you found.

My enquiry relate to the wet sand, (salty wet sand).

My experience regarding 'Fast grab' readings were also in the low 10 range. This sand was 'dirty grey/black' at 5 inches depth.

My finds were relatively zero apart from tabs and cans, but I honestly did not draw any critical conclusions regarding the absence of coinage etc., because our beaches are virtual 'sinking sands' or rapidly filling/covered by prevailing winds and tides.
[size=medium]If the conditions are wrong, then NO detector will find anything apart from bin lids and light surface trash.[/size]

You have to know your beaches and be able to realise when the sand loss is sufficient to allow your particular detector to reach the 'hard pack' layer, be that sand or shale.

Did you do any actual tests using coins or rings?

I did, and I wasn't impressed particularly, but that in itself was no big deal because I didn't expect any mind blowing results. I would hazard a guess that even the designers of this machine would not expect otherwise. I bought my F75 for its inland capabilities, for I have a Whites DFX with a Jimmy Sierra Hotshot coil, which works extremely well locally on the wet beach. Also the Explorer.

You can dumb down the F75, but I doubt if it will find a copper penny etc at 14 inches, which is the kind of performance I require on wet sand. Planting a penny and test locating it is not the same as normally search scanning in as much as it does not involve the 'chattering' evident on the F75 as you pass over the wet ripples etc.

Try burying a gold ring at 10 inches and tell me what results you get on your beach, using the F75 compared to your previously preferred beach machine.

I am not knocking the F75, I'm just trying to be constructively honest for the readers....

So what exactly cracks you up?....HH....MattR.UK.

P.S.:-

Here is a shot of me testing a Fisher CZ on one of our local beaches.
It should convey some idea of typical sand sub-strata.

[attachment 62541 CZ.jpg]​