Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deleon find's

kurt-ks

Thought I would post some of the things I have been finding with my DeLeon.All of it came out of my front yard,everything was around 4-5 inch's down and had on stock 9X8 coil.Had it on disc. just above the n on iron and sensitivity on 8 or 9. Found the IH last night a first for me (1897)HH-Kurt

How well did the numbers lock on?
Was the signal strong or soft?

markg said:
How well did the numbers lock on?
Was the signal strong or soft?

Thanks everyone!! markg,very strong hits and locked on 95 except the IH.It jumped around all over the place,until I removed plug then it gave a solid signal.I have learned to just listen for repeatable tones and not rely on screen to much,but when I remove the plug the Deleon has never lied to me yet.It is always spot on target info.--Kurt

Wow, exciting finds Kurt. Obviously you're happy with your Deleon. How long have you had it?

marcomo, have had it sense march of this year.Have been detecting just as long,I have never detected before in my life. Now I'm hooked :detecting: I am 41 and was in need of a new hobby.The wife bought me a Lobo in feb. for my birthday,had a hard time with it,traded it for a Deleon and a 5.75 coil and am having a great time I hunt almost every day after work for an hour or so.Now that I have more time under my belt,I wish I would have given the Lobo more time.My next Tesoro will be the Vaquero,I think the ground balance will help me out and it will go deeper than the Deleon.--Kurt

Good finds, still looking for my first Barber dime.

Kurt - I've heard different reports on the Deleon. Some people say it's plenty deep, others say no. I assume that's because of differences in ground mineralization with a preset GB. It sounds like you've made some great finds with your Deleon, what's the deepest good find you've gotten? I'm assuming not too deep since your looking for a detector that goes deeper.

Marcomo, I have never done a coin garden test with it,but most of my finds are 4 to 5 inch's in the ground.I have dug some trash (a lid from a mason jar) at a measured 10 inch's plus a few old square nails about the same.I think some guys distort how deep they find things on other forums,not sure.Some times in thicker grass and weeds and what not,the target ID will say 6 to 7 but actual dirt is usually 4 to 5.I try to keep coil on the ground or as close to it as possible but some old yards are not mowed so it makes it tuff detecting.Like I said, I am a complete new guy to detecting so I am learning by trial and error :cheers: Kurt

Kurt - It looks like you're doing great, and your Deleon seems to be getting decent depth if it's picking up nails at 10". I know the common wisdom is that most coins are found at 5" or less. I'm sure you'll have a lot more great finds, and that Barber is a beauty!

Thanks for the encouragement,sometimes its meager finds for me.But I always come home with something if its clad or pull tabs or a silver coin, I enjoy it no matter what I find. Good luck and HH--Kurt

Nice finds Kurt The D is really working well for you and the depth is as amazing as I have been saying. The more you get used to it the better it gets. Last week I found 3 gold rings! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine...............Keep looking down