Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deer, hot pursuit and gold!

I was doing a cleanup of the cons from one of my gold prospecting trips. I ran them through my homemade sluice and was panning them out on the patio. I noticed that the local group of mule deer had moved in to the back yard to drink from my processing buckets (they have found them an easier source of clean water than trudging to the local creek). Suddenly, there is a horrible racket and I look up to see one of the big bucks with his antlers tangled in the bungee cord that was holding my jury rigged header box to the sluice. The buck takes off at a dead run with the sluice box bouncing merrily behind him....with me in hot pursuit!! When he reached the treeline, the sluice caught on a small tree and the bungee cord broke (I am 6 feet tall and weigh close to 200 lbs and I can't break one of those cords...did I mention this was a BIG buck)
Everything turned out well...the deer was scared but unhurt and the sluice only suffered a bent latch. My wife only wishes she had a video of me chasing my sluice and the deer all around the backyard!
Best of all...I had already removed my gold.

Rick
sluicehelper10-8-20087-24-47AM.jpg

inspectionmat8-18-20085-17-47PM.jpg

n/t

compared to those guys.

How far do you live from the park and how far away are you from where they are hunted.

I live right in the middle of heavily hunted land but they gain a little rest in our back

Nice vial of gold. One trip ?

Royal,

We live about 25 miles from the vehicle entrance to Yosemite......closer if you just count the park boundaries.
Deer may be hunted within a couple of miles from here but they are protected (except from cars) in my local area. They love my backyard and drink from my gold processing buckets. The fawns are very friendly and curious, the does are mellow and ,except for rutting season, the bucks will come within 10 or 15 feet of us. The "regulars" number about 15 but we have had as many as 25 hanging around at one time.
Yes that was the gold from one trip.....a decent days take. I have had better days and worse but am seldom skunked.
Rick

LLIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDA!!! LLIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNDDAAA!!! DON'T KILLLLL ME, LLIIIIIINNNNNNDA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your favorite brother,
Johnboy